What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 182 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #2716
SCD23x

Has anyone painted their rocker panels the same color as their WK?

I have a midnight blue WK with the stock black plastic rocker panels that are faded. I'm torn between the polished aluminum ones or just painting mine.

Thoughts?

SCD23x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #2717
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Country
I'm in Thornton, but I go to school in Aurora
That's crazy man I live on 120th and colorado.....you a member of any local groups???? There's a co group on here in the group sections but there spread all out from like grand junction to trinandad.... its awsome to run into someone local.
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #2718
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

When I bought my 05 they were faded, so I used some Meguiars ultimate black plastic restorer and they look brand new...could give that a try and see if you like it
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #2719
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Installed the brand new Steel Armadillo sliders today!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #2720
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

^ Badass

Installed my bilsteins today...awaiting my freshly ordered volant, magnaflow muffler, and superchips now
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #2721
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Nice, I love my Volant!

Unread 02-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #2722
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Your build thread was the reason I went with the volant...do you remember what length of tubing you had to buy? Or did you just buy a couple feet and cut it to proper length when you put it on?

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #2723
jeepguy05
2005 WK 

Put on my new k&n intake that I painted red to match the paint on my wk
image-2937657190.jpg  
jeepguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #2724
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
Your build thread was the reason I went with the volant...do you remember what length of tubing you had to buy? Or did you just buy a couple feet and cut it to proper length when you put it on?
I bought about 3' and cut it to fit once I got home. You could measure before hand. Measure from the intake manifold port to about 4" past the TB (that is where the new intake port will be). You can see it here:

Unread 02-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #2725
indianajeep

2005 WK 

I changed the differential fluids after 17,000 miles and 6 months. yeah, probably overkill like that Men at Work song, but what the hay.
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #2726
Muddy4DSM

Designed a sub box last night, but looking for some opinions: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/j...ideas-1324847/

Unread 02-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #2727
brutusjeep
2006 WK 

Omlet - what is the upside vs the 4xguard sliders other than a step I guess?
2006 GC Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quad II. 4XGUARD Belly & Front (black powder coat) skid plates. Matrix front guard, PIAA Matrix mounted lights, 265/70 Nitto Trail Graplers MT, 1.5" Spider Trax spacers, Super Chips Tuner, OME MD Lift, 4XGUARD differential guard, JBA UCA'S.
brutusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #2728
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

what are you doing with your old sliders, omelet?
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #2729
BonesWK
Web Wheeler

2006 WK 

not done today, but finally have a vid.

Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #2730
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

hawt - nice job, Ryan - Did you get yours the same day I got mine? last week?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.