What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 181 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #2701
07commanderpa

Got my windows tinted.. ~$160 including the ~$30 for gas. Probably got ****ed but ah well..

20% on front 2, also a strip on windshield.. looks a lot better than stock, but not nearly as dark as I wish they would do. I might end up getting the precut's and try to make it darker myself, but I dunno.. i don't wanna mess it up somehow lol

Really wish I could of got all of the windows tinted (money issues lol) because the front two don't exactly match the factory tint the factory are a little lighter and almost blue looking compared to what I had done today. I could probably try to tint those (the factory ones) with tint myself, but I don't know if I can cut it "good enough". I tried the vinyl stuff before on a different vehicle and it was a PITA to cut, and I didn't really like the look of it whenever I did get it cut so I just got rid of it, never tried the actual tint.

I am not sure why the xk looks gold in the parking garage, it's obviously the silver color.

I also hit 300 miles on the new tires today. I like them so far for the most part. I've only had them in a little bit of mud though, mostly corn fields. I did try a really steep dirt hill and didn't make it very far (although much further than my stock forterras lol) but I didn't try airing the tires down or anything.

07commanderpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #2702
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Tint looks good man. If you're going to try to do the rears yourself, def go with precut tint. I didn't want to spend 200$ to get my fronts done so I bought precut on ebay and did them myself. Came out great and it's 1000x easier than trying to cut it.
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #2703
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

Girlfriend bought me the full set of WeatherTechs. It was supposed to be a gift, but she got it shipped to work (we both work at the same company). She figured it would just blend in with all the other boxes we get in so I wouldn't notice. Turns out they ship in boxes that are hugely labeled WeatherTech... so my curiosity spoiled it.

I have the grey interior. She got the black cause she thought the grey looked too light. Anyone know if the grey would match better? I don't know how the black looks yet... haven't had a chance to take them out of the box.
Blue WK Club Member #32
t3kmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #2704
etp

Bought a set of 5 new Mountain Edition / Black Ops Edition Moabs in dark grey/graphite for $550, feel like it was a decent deal! Pics to come.
etp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #2705
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Nice! I just bought a set of weathertech liners too!

My brother bought those some wheels. He is painting them like mine, but using black instead of graphite. They are going to look sweet! I will post pics when he is finished, since he is still dragging his feet to join here

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #2706
etp

I keep dragging my feet in the weather tech mats. If I didn't have so many wires running under the carpet, I'd rip it up and Rhino Line it!
etp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #2707
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ya it has taken me too long to get some. I had them on my near future list and then found a guy selling a set of tan ones for $110 shipped. So I jumped on it!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #2708
07commanderpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeKO3 View Post
Tint looks good man. If you're going to try to do the rears yourself, def go with precut tint. I didn't want to spend 200$ to get my fronts done so I bought precut on ebay and did them myself. Came out great and it's 1000x easier than trying to cut it.

Where can I find precut for all windows? I looked on ebay before I got the fronts done and I think I could only find the fronts I didn't look THAT hard though haha.. I'll look again.

Edit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Command...item35af3eb584

I found it, still didn't look too hard.. might be more on there.

Last edited by 07commanderpa; 02-04-2012 at 08:02 AM..
07commanderpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #2709
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3kmitch View Post
Girlfriend bought me the full set of WeatherTechs. It was supposed to be a gift, but she got it shipped to work (we both work at the same company). She figured it would just blend in with all the other boxes we get in so I wouldn't notice. Turns out they ship in boxes that are hugely labeled WeatherTech... so my curiosity spoiled it.

I have the grey interior. She got the black cause she thought the grey looked too light. Anyone know if the grey would match better? I don't know how the black looks yet... haven't had a chance to take them out of the box.
I think the black on gray looks great.
wt-mats.jpg   wt-mats1.jpg   wt-mats2.jpg  
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #2710
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3kmitch View Post

I think the black will look good in the gray. Why try to color match?
Black goes with everything.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #2711
Walt
2008 WK 

76,449 miles:

Cleaned the throttle body and back side of the butterfly plate. They were both filthy (even though I had installed the BT Oil Catch Can and changed the PCV valve).
Cleaned and oiled the K&N drop-in air filter element. It was filthy also.

Throttle response and slow speed running are much better now with all of the work since December. Finally............
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #2712
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeKO3
Wow I got quoted at $75 for the fronts to match factory rear

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #2713
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

Was too beautiful outside today. After work both the cars got a good bath inside and out. Also put in my WeatherTechs! Cargo liner is being shipped separately.

I'm tossing around the idea of plastidipping my wheels one at a time now that I have a full size spare. Bought the plastidip a while ago but it would take forever to dry in 30-40 temps.

Blue WK Club Member #32
t3kmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #2714
mattydipps
2006 WK 

i like the black, it really breaks up the interrior
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #2715
Eurotrash
2005 WK 

Did a little work to the jeep over the past two weekends. Changed the plugs, EGR and PCV. Swapped all the interior lighting and License plate lights out for LED lighting, Smoked the tail lights and 3rd brake light, LED reverse lights, AntennaX 13" antenna, Mopar Performance intake, Rola roof basket, Grab handles hooked to the head rests for the folks in the back, and Hemi emblem to replace the 5.7L emblem on the liftgate.

Cell phone pics so not the best quality.

Interior LEDs

LED reverse lights

Reverse lights shining through the smoked tails

Smoked Tails and 3rd brake light

blind spot mirrors to help out some when towing

Rola Roof basket

License plate bracket. The original owner just drilled holes in the bumper crooked and put a plate on.

Mopar Performance Intake

Load Levelers
Eurotrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.