What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 05-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #241
Budasac
2005 WK 

Nothin' big, but I fixed something that has been annoying the hell out of me. The chrome trim on my doors "rattles" with the bass whenever I turn up my stereo. So I removed all the trim and re-attached. The adhesive strips were practically non-existent (or installed in the wrong place ). Took a few pics of the first door I did. Every thing is nice and tight now. Rattle free.
I don't have a sub or anything (just the BA system) and my rig sounded like it was falling apart when I was sitting at a red light.

1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #242
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Hey Bud im gonna be in Maryland for a couple days... You gonna come down, hang out with the guys!
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #243
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK View Post
Hey Bud im gonna be in Maryland for a couple days... You gonna come down, hang out with the guys!
Maryland isn't really that close to me. lol
There is an event in south Jersey near Wharten State Forest on Sun. that I may attend though.

It's a Jeep Shine and Show (although a bunch of guys are talkin about wheelin before hand)
It's to benefit the family of a Forum Member/Police officer who was killed by drunk driver on Thanksgiving on his way home from a Drunk Driving Patrol.
All proceeds go to his kids. Here's the info if any one is interested.

Jeepin' for Jay
Sunday May 29th 2011 at 2pm
PJ Whelihan's
1854 E. Marlton Pike
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

A show and shine Jeep Day to raise money for the college fund for Jason Marles' two children.
We will have a jeep show with prizes for best in show 1st 2nd and 3rd place, gift bags from various vendors for the first 40 jeeps in attendance, a DJ, food and drink specials all day long, we'll be holding a 50/50 raffle where all proceeds will be going to the college fund as well I will have a booth set up for purchase and I will have girls walking the event selling the tickets, we will also have Jay's jeep in attendance where we will be accepting donations to finish his project so that it can be used in a D.A.R.E. Fashion. This is going to be a great event that is fun for the whole family and for a great cause! I would like as many of us as possible to meet at 140pm at Camden County College Cherry Hill
1889 Marlton Pike, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
to pull into the event as a caravan we will be leaving that Parking lot promptly at 155pm if you're not there at that time please go directly to the event.

For more info go here.
Unread 05-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #244
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

It really sucks to hear that, but im glad there are Jeepers getting together for a good cause. I hope the event goes very well.
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #245
Budasac
2005 WK 

I just received my tint in the mail for the front windows. Spacers will be here tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have time to install on Sat. I'll post pics when done.

Also, if anyone in the South Jersey area is free on Sunday, check out the post above. ^^ Jeep Shine and Show for a good cause. It's being organized by someone on the wrangler forum. I'm about 1 1/2 hours away, but will be going if I can. I urge anyone in the area to attend and help out a fellow Jeeper's family.
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #246
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

ur gonna tint ur windows yourself???
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #247
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
ur gonna tint ur windows yourself???
Yes sir. Pre-cut. Easy as pie. I use to tint all my friends cars back in the day. (I feel old) But the pre-cut stuff makes it really easy. Just pull the door panels and go to town. I'll take some pics as I do it and post them when I'm done.
Unread 05-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #248
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

whoa thats awesome
so u dont do it with the window rolled up? [ive never seen window tint go on]
i used vinyl to tint my tail lights i couldnt imagine my windows LOL
please take pics i am very curious!
Unread 05-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #249
FranksWK
2005 WK 

Just took off the roof racks (going from side to side not front to back) gives the JeeP a nice cleaaaaan look hopefully itmgives me 1 or 2 mpg that would be a bonus! Now debating on taking the front lip off the bumper...
FranksWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #250
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

how do u take off the roof racks? [just the sliding parts]
Unread 05-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #251
FranksWK
2005 WK 

Go here its actually pretty easy i should of took pics... http://www.**********.org/showthread.php?t=7582

Shows u step by step
Unread 05-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #252
FranksWK
2005 WK 

Go to jeep garage
Unread 05-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #253
Budasac
2005 WK 

Installed my spacers this morning. They def. give it a much more aggressive stance. Went with 1.5". They brought the tread of the tire right out to the edge of the wheel well. The front tire barely clears the pinch, so I'll be doing that today or tomorrow. Over all I'm very pleased with the look. New wheels would have been better, but I scored these used for $80 shipped.
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

Unread 05-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #254
criket
2005 WK 

Looks good Buda! Since you have the Black and Red theme going, you should name yours the Black Widow, lol.

Tomorrow, (hopefully) buying 3.73's for my WK. Will update asap.
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #255
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Nothin' big, but I fixed something that has been annoying the hell out of me.... (
Had the dealer replace the big junction block circuit board under the dash outboard the steering column. Think the embedded relays were sticking.

Next, have to pull some connectors this weekend to look for open circuits, then change oil/filter.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.