What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 162 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #2416
JeepMDHemi
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK

he doesn't need a relay harness, i have the same kit as him and never needed one. if his was a 55w kit maybe but 35w HIDs for fogs shouldn't need one.

here's a pic of what it 6k lows and 3k fogs look like...
Looks freakin sweet rob. I think I am going to use a relay though.

Unread 01-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #2417
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Played in the snow alil this morn.....can't get too crazy still got stock armor till taxes!!!!!!
forumrunner_20120111_163731.jpg  
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #2418
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

if any of you guys get the chance can you check out my electrical problem thread? my starter isn't engaging the flywheel properly and makes a horrible grinding noise when my headlights and fogs are all on...i think it's an electrical issue: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/a...stion-1313158/
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #2419
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
painted my rear step with bed liner ... 4 coats ... 4 hours ago and its still wet!

ive been driving around with half a bumper ... just brought the piece inside hoping it will dry soon
What are the temps up there in NY. Without sunshine or moderate temps I would imagine the drying would be the same if you kept the piece inside.
4 hours seems long though.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #2420
mattydipps
2006 WK 

we were around 40 today, they were outside for most of the day ... (my dad has copd and asthma and just got out of the hospital with double pneumonia, so i didnt want any smell inside) ...

i brought them in about an hour ago and theyre just about dry.. a couple wet spots here and there..
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #2421
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Where you at in NY matty? I'm on my phone and it doesn't tell me. I'm way upstate near the border. It only got to about 25 today lol
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #2422
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeKO3 View Post
Where you at in NY matty? I'm on my phone and it doesn't tell me. I'm way upstate near the border. It only got to about 25 today lol
yeah man, im on long island, my cousin lives way up in hornell dont know if thats near you lol
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #2423
JeepN4KC

Quote:
we were around 40 today, they were outside for most of the day ... (my dad has copd and asthma and just got out of the hospital with double pneumonia, so i didnt want any smell inside) ...

i brought them in about an hour ago and theyre just about dry.. a couple wet spots here and there..
Man, that's rough news about your dad - recovery goin okay?

How's the finish on the step pad lookin?

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #2424
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Man, that's rough news about your dad - recovery goin okay?

How's the finish on the step pad lookin?
ehh recoverys slow, but he was a smoker for 45 years so it took its toll on him .. they have him on oxygen 24/7 they have a nurse come to the house once a day to check his vitals and make sure hes not getting any worse... as long as i still have my dad thats all i care about lol it could have been alot worse so ill take the slow recovery, thanks for asking

the finish looks really good ill take some pics tomorrow and share
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #2425
JeepN4KC

^^^ Good deal

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #2426
JeepN4KC

So - in addition to putting the mileage XS tuning to the WK and watchin the wife drive off to work in it - I ordered some stuff for it. Went through the parts dept. at a local dealer and the stuff is coming from the St. Louis side of MO. Guy said it should be ready for pick-up tomorrow morning.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 01-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #2427
JHill11
2006 WK 

My jeep is quiet again! Just put on my Gibson cat-back (thanks kolak) I had a flowmaster muffler dumped. It sounded good but all the interior rattles was driving me crazy. EVERYTHING rattle and you would think music would cure them but when I turned it up the door panels would rattle haha. So the Gibson cure the rattles plus I can hear the AFE once again.
JHill11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #2428
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah man, im on long island, my cousin lives way up in hornell dont know if thats near you lol
Hahah I'm probably like 5 hours north of there.
Unread 01-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #2429
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMDHemi View Post
Looks freakin sweet rob. I think I am going to use a relay though.
thanks. hope you get yours worked out soon!
Unread 01-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #2430
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
You should always use a relay. Just because something works doesn't mean it's right. I see people do their own wiring all the time. They think because it works they did a great job. Half the time they're lucky they didn't burn their houses down.

For some people they work fine with out the relay. Others have issues(fried wires or non-functioning ballasts). I never heard of someone having an issue who did it right though.

It's common to get a strobe effect or a ballast that won't fire at all without the relay. Typically it's the passenger side since that's the one furthest from the power source. (slight voltage drop due to the small gauge factory wiring).
i don't claim to be any type of professional since im not an electrician but i have worked with wiring since i was a kid and ive don't a lot of wiring in homes (none of which have caught on fire or burned down). anyways there are more people running 35w hid kits without harnesses (that i've seen) with no problems, im not saying that it wont work but i think his issues are beyond a harness. on the other hand (being that they are only $15) it's probably worth a shot...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.