What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 157 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy Aluminum Bumpers

Unread 01-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #2341
stug0tz
2006 WK 

Changed the front rotors and pads today (90k miles). First time doing it on any vehicle and it was pretty easy, once I got the rusted rotors to come off with a small sledge. Put everything back together, took it for a ride around the block only to find the pedal kept going to the floor. Took the wheels back off, opened the bleeder, had my girlfriend step on the pedal, and had a big spurt of air followed by fluid to come out. Put it all back together and everything was great.

stug0tz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #2342
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Is there a part# for the WK rear adjustable track bar?
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #2343
daltexjeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

1 RC-TB732-WK Trac Bar - Adjustable Rear (WK) It isn't on Rusty's website, so you will have to call. The female receptionist will know exactly what you are talking about.
daltexjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #2344
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltexjeeper View Post
Because I added 1/4" spacer on top of my OME HD in the front and a 1.5" spacer in the rear....my stock rear track bar needed to be replaced. Today I installed Rusty's adjustable rear track bar to get the axle centered back underneath. Great Product...very sturdy. It was $170.00 shipped. Install took me 1.5 hours but only because I was taking my sweet time and was doing it in a parking lot.
The 1.5" spacer in the back end, what did you use? Cut down poly spacer?

And Omelet's right - gotta see some pics. Sounds cool.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #2345
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltexjeeper View Post
1 RC-TB732-WK Trac Bar - Adjustable Rear (WK) It isn't on Rusty's website, so you will have to call. The female receptionist will know exactly what you are talking about.
Good to see she has finally learned something! A year ago if you wanted anything you had to ask for Rusty himself, otherwise it was constantly "I don't know let me go ask" or "No we don't make that even though it is sitting right next to me"!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #2346
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Front Bilstiens are now on, it rides so much better now. Next is waiting for the Husky mudflaps to come in the mail, and start changing my audio system out.

Also need to find info about a trailer brake controller too.
terrasmak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #2347
daltexjeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

I cut down Rusty's rear poly spacer.

I know...I'll have to get some pics.
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #2348
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Pulled a land rover off of a snow bank.......WINNING!!!!! And then notice my damn taillight was burnt out again.....have any of you guys had problems with your tailights burning out....its not the same side it like alternates back and forth...I got an 08 so its all one bulb for the turn brake and running light... thanks in advance guys....
forumrunner_20120108_102123.jpg   forumrunner_20120108_102156.jpg  
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #2349
daltexjeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

My 08 has had the rear tail light only go out 1 time and that was about a year ago. How frequently have they burnt out after being replaced? The bulbs should last a few years.
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #2350
Muddy4DSM

Put in all new plugs yesterday and cleaned out the throttle body. A few of the plugs were at least rounded down to the ceramic, if not completely worn down to it. This is probably the first time they've been changed, hopefully we see an improvement in gas mileage!

Also got a lead on an amp for the Alpine stereo. Need to order aline converter today for delivery on Tuesday and get a stereo hooked up.
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #2351
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy4DSM View Post
Put in all new plugs yesterday and cleaned out the throttle body. A few of the plugs were at least rounded down to the ceramic, if not completely worn down to it. This is probably the first time they've been changed, hopefully we see an improvement in gas mileage!

Also got a lead on an amp for the Alpine stereo. Need to order aline converter today for delivery on Tuesday and get a stereo hooked up.
is there a how-to on cleaning the throttle body, i just hit 60k and im planning on a nice tune up my transfer case is brand new so i dont have to worry about that .. what else should i do ?
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #2352
criket
2005 WK 

Installed an external speaker for my CB.

Here is a short, not the best, hope you like it, give me yo opinions write up.

There is a small bar that runs cross ways under the seat. I zip tied the mounting bracket to that with 2 zip ties. If you look directly above the speaker itself, you can sort of make out the bar, bracket and 2 ties.

The speaker will not come loose from the bracket and the speaker is not in the way of my feet. Also, I can pivot the speaker up so if I ever move my seat forwards or backwards, it can pivot outta the way.

After that I put the speaker on the bracket and ran the wires out to the left of the seat, under all the plastic, and under all the plastic trim up towards the CB in the cubby hole.

Here is another shot of it under the seat.

The speaker is plenty loud under the seat. It's prob 10X louder than using the speaker in the CB. So this turned out great. And the other thing is, since I zip tied it under the seat and ran the wires under all the plastic trim, I can remove it and it'll be like it was never there.
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #2353
Muddy4DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
is there a how-to on cleaning the throttle body, i just hit 60k and im planning on a nice tune up my transfer case is brand new so i dont have to worry about that .. what else should i do ?
All I did on mine was take off the big plastic 4.7L box in the middle of the engine while I was taking out the plugs which left the throttle body exposed. There were three bolts holding it on (8mm) that I took off which gave it enough play to basically flip the body over without disconnecting anything. Sprayed some carb and choke cleaner in there and wiped it out really good. Took the wet towel and tried to clean in behind it where it was bolted to but that wasn't really dirty at all. Let all of it dry, flipped it back over, and reinstalled the bolts. Pretty easy, but takes a little while to remove the intake stuff.
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #2354
daltexjeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Here are the pictures of Rusty's Track Bar installed. You can see the zinc plated end and the grease fitting.
adjustabletrackbar1-medium-.jpg   adjustabletrackbar2-medium-.jpg  
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #2355
BleedingBlue
2005 WK 

Replaced all my interior lights with LED's, it is so much brighter
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.