What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 156 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 01-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #2326
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Nice. I was looking at those. Did you get the combo with the telephoto lens? I got the Canon with a 55mm lens and a 250mm zoom.(It's pretty sweet)lol. The manuals are ridiculous aren't they? It came with a pdf manual(1 of 3) that's somewhere around 300 pages long. For now I mostly use "auto". It's amazing the difference a quality camera makes though. And with 4 frames a second you gotta get some good pics in there somewhere. I think I fired off 600 shots in three days over the holiday.
That's hilariously awesome. I've done the same thing trying to check this thing out. Like you said - gotta be some great shots in that bunch! lol New toys. lol I wish this camera had a "machine gun" feature like yours - that camera you have is "full auto" . . .

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #2327
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
That's hilariously awesome. Like you said - gotta be some great shots in that bunch! lol New toys. lol
Yep! And luckily all I have to do is dump em onto the hard drive. It's the wifey's job to sift through them all. (Except the Jeep pics. They go on my computer)
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #2328
lunaslide
2008 WK 

Full 8 hour detail and engine compartment cleaning. They did a great job. I took the door trim and roof rails off before hand. The door trim is going to get painted the same color as the wheels and the roof rack is getting replaced by the Gobi Stealth in a couple weeks. The Weathertech floor liners and vent visors can go into a clean Jeep now.

Now that the engine compartment is nice and clean, I can install the HID ballasts and wiring harness. I haven't completely decided yet, but I think I'm going to go with the ARB air locker and the deluxe air compressor for it, another reason I wanted the engine compartment clean.

It's all rainy and crappy now, so pictures will have to wait.

[ 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo CRD ]
[ GDE ECOtune ][ Airflow Snorkel ][ MBRP T304 Diesel Exhaust ]
[ Superlift 4" ][ Jeep Commander front coils ]
[ AEV Pintler Argent Wheels ][ 285/70R17 BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 ][ 4XGuard FG, BG, RR, Antennae mount ]
lunaslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #2329
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Just got back from a 13 hour drive to AZ and back. She performed like a champ! These big heavy 295s and the Hemi moves them up the grades like nothing ever changed

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #2330
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac

Nice. I was looking at those. Did you get the combo with the telephoto lens? I got the Canon with a 55mm lens and a 250mm zoom.(It's pretty sweet)lol. The manuals are ridiculous aren't they? It came with a pdf manual(1 of 3) that's somewhere around 300 pages long. For now I mostly use "auto". It's amazing the difference a quality camera makes though. And with 4 frames a second you gotta get some good pics in there somewhere. I think I fired off 600 shots in three days over the holiday.
The kit I got only came with the 55mm lens but I got a 200mm lens as another present. I love it lol. The manuals for mine are just like yours too, looooong. But I cheat as use auto a lot. I took a photography class in school but I don't remember any of it lol. Been trying to brush up on my skills. The only other thing I've bought for it so far was a backpack to carry it in. Next thing ill probably get is a tripod.
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #2331
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
Not a WK, but I installed OME HD coils, Bilstien shocks, Bilstien stabilizer, and Volant CAI on my Dad's JK Rubicon Tires go on tomorrow!
Just realized I never did post up some pics! So here are a couple:

Unread 01-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #2332
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

Sick jeep!
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #2333
daltexjeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Because I added 1/4" spacer on top of my OME HD in the front and a 1.5" spacer in the rear....my stock rear track bar needed to be replaced. Today I installed Rusty's adjustable rear track bar to get the axle centered back underneath. Great Product...very sturdy. It was $170.00 shipped. Install took me 1.5 hours but only because I was taking my sweet time and was doing it in a parking lot.
daltexjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #2334
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltexjeeper View Post
Because I added 1/4" spacer on top of my OME HD in the front and a 1.5" spacer in the rear....my stock rear track bar needed to be replaced. Today I installed Rusty's adjustable rear track bar to get the axle centered back underneath. Great Product...very sturdy. It was $170.00 shipped. Install took me 1.5 hours but only because I was taking my sweet time and was doing it in a parking lot.
Awesome! Welcome to the club!

Unread 01-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #2335
daltexjeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks...I reviewed my old message I had sent you and your response. I ended up using 1/2" longer length than the stock bar and it seems to be nearly perfect.
Unread 01-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #2336
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Sweet! You have any pics?

Unread 01-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #2337
daltexjeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Not at this moment. Due to where I am at, I can't be taking pictures without causing security concerns...I will eventually get some. One thing to note as well is that the adjustable end is different than yours. It was zinc plated with a grease fitting. I still need to extend the rear bumpstops and figure out a better wheel spacer/tire/wheel combo. I like the AEV's but I'm not sure I can justify that expense.
Unread 01-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #2338
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

OH! Now I NEED pics! I want to see what they changed!

Unread 01-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #2339
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Thru my rear Bilstien shocks and a K&N filter on mine, once my wife gets home its time to start working on the front struts.
terrasmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #2340
Budasac
2005 WK 

"Strong Arm" replacement struts were on-sale at the parts store today. Got two for my ligtgate and one for the hood. Under $40 for all 3. Now they both go up on their own again.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.