What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 153 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #2281
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

One can of seafoam in my full gas tank and then half each in the vac line and crank case. After that got done, I switched the interior lights over to led.

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #2282
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Had to happen eventually, broke the LH CV joint at Ripley today Limped her home in Low range at 45kph .

Now to see if those SRT8 1000hp CVS will fit mine .......

Dave

Will have a vid soon, and you can see the piddling little hill that did it
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #2283
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Sucks bud! But it happens when you are having fun

How much do those SRT shafts run? Link?

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #2284
Valpacer

2007 WK 

http://paramountperformanceproducts....xles-and-hubs/

But come with new hubs as well.

These ones in the Jeep now are the original ones too, (100km old) so I cant complain.

Have to wait and see what prices i can get on factory ones here before i look at these. Know the stealership its prices wont be cheap.

Dave
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #2285
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Wow! At $1250 those aren't cheap! I was hoping they weren't that much. Granted those things sound bullet proof, but they are out of my price range right now.

Unread 01-02-2012, 03:01 AM   #2286
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Heres the damage. You can see the split bearing collar in the outer end on the right.

Unread 01-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #2287
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valpacer View Post
IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/valpacer/Jeep%20WH%20WK%20Grand%20Cherokee/2012-01-02_18-41-52_515.jpg[/IMG]
ouch... Let us know what you decide to go with.
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #2288
2005RubiTJ
2005 WK 

I finally installed all my 4xG armor. Myself and 3 buddies were able to do the front, rear, belly (no pictures) and sides in about 3.5 hours. (It was great to have access to a lift and air tools). There were a couple of surprises along the way, missing bolts or incorrect bolts in the packages. For the side rails there were 12 screws missing, but 12 rivets supplied.....

(Thankfully their product is awesome, b/c the service and other business aspects are not.)

I'm really happy the way it all turned out. Here are some bad pictures taken with my phone.

Front Guard:

Side:

Rear and Diff guard:

While working on the Jeep we noticed a bunch of grease on the driver side (inside) tire. We were working on a lift so it was easy to get under there, but a few minutes we were able to located a small tear in the CV boot.

Not the best picture...

I did some brief searching, is it worth only replacing the boot (maybe $30-40 part) or should I replace the whole shaft? The Jeep only has 54K miles....
How hard is it to replace just the boot??

I wish I didnt just order the Superchip flaspaq, my Jeep budget is just about empty...
2005RubiTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #2289
Piepenbrok420
2013 JK Wrangler 

Id replace the whole shaft. when you account for replacing every single part as it breaks, and the time it takes to replace those, its much more cost effective to just buy a new one, or reman for less than $100 that usually come with a warranty. just my $.02
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #2290
sunrcr69
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005RubiTJ View Post

While working on the Jeep we noticed a bunch of grease on the driver side (inside) tire. We were working on a lift so it was easy to get under there, but a few minutes we were able to located a small tear in the CV boot.

I did some brief searching, is it worth only replacing the boot (maybe $30-40 part) or should I replace the whole shaft? The Jeep only has 54K miles....
How hard is it to replace just the boot??
I damaged an outer boot while building my lift. I replaced the boot only for $18 from Napa. I didn't see the point in paying extra for parts I didnt need yet and I dont mind the labor involved since I did it myself. It was pretty easy, but I've done hundreds of em before.
2005 WK 5.7L Hemi, RC 2" BB + fabrication = 3.5" lift, JK Rubicon Tires & Wheels, 1.25" Spacers, Fabricated Skidplate, Fabricated Recovery Points, Airaid CAI, Superchips, HIDs RED WK Club #10
sunrcr69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #2291
BonesWK
Web Wheeler

2006 WK 

Got a flowmaster knockoff welded on - sounds incredible

Rola roof rack mounted

New Struts and end links go on thursday
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #2292
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Nothing crazy - Pics below of some stuff I did over the holidays.

D-ring Isolaters equipped up front - Also removed my aftermarket headlight assembly's and put int he OEM.

I had reverse lights at one time mounted just below the bumper. Among all the times I smacked these on rocks and dragged them on mud they never broke but I had to remove those to install my 4xG RG2. I bought some new ones and installed those on the cargo rack. Wires are all nice and protected and tied fastened to the frame out of the way of damage from whatever I put on top.

I like'd the side lights a buddy had on his rig so I followed suit.
Unread 01-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #2293
BonesWK
Web Wheeler

2006 WK 

AJ, Jeep is looking great man. That wiring is CLEAN!
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #2294
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Nicely done! Your WK is very clean. Time to hit some trails! Maybe a night run to test out all those lights!

Unread 01-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #2295
SSF556
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Can you use the WK brake rotors with those SRT hubs? Or do you have to use the SRT brake rotors?
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
SSF556 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.