What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 150 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 12-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #2236
jager00
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Sounds like a good day. Repeat, sounds, like a good day. lol
Look forward to pics - I love those JK's.

As for my WK - tried to install my Christmas present today but my history with computers bit me in the arse once again. Don't know what the problem is with my Superchip but I was not happy when it wouldn't install. Their tech support will be hearing from me in the morning!
I know how ya feel. When i installed the superchips on my dads jk it kept poppi.g up with a error code and wouldnt fully install. After 4-5 tries it finally installed correctly

2005 WK 9" lift on 37's with all the goodies- regretfully sold :(
jager00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #2237
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Installed a westin bullbar on my buddie's 05 wk. Looks sweet!
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #2238
BonesWK
Web Wheeler

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
Received my cb radio in the mail today!! Pretty happy about that, trucks going into the dealer Thursday for the little light problem so I think I'm going to take the cubby out and mold up some plexi glass to keep me busy until its done.

15 bucks free shipping, i just paid more money for a case for my phone...... ill take that deal all day !

Attachment 321792
where did you get a deal like that dude? 15 bucks, and I could be a CB owner..
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #2239
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesWK

where did you get a deal like that dude? 15 bucks, and I could be a CB owner..
It was one of those heat of the moment eBay buys I checked amazon and saw they were going for decent bucks went on eBay and saw this sucker and after checking a couple reviews, bought it

It took 2 weeks for it to come in so I guess it was payback for me finding one so cheap lol

I just ordered the antenna mount and a 3 foot antenna will let you know how well the install goes.

They're out there you just have to be at the right place at the right time lol
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #2240
sebastien
2006 WK 

guys i didnt want to open a thread for just one question..so here we are-will wj hooks and brackets (front) fit on our newer wks? i dont know that i have the tools to drill new holes so....what do you think??

ALSO- Today i got my jeep dirty with some light wheeling.
sebastien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #2241
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Got the Superchip installed in it this morning!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #2242
gunnerscherlin
2005 WK 

Well attempted to change my spark plugs today, all 16 but that stupid thing called "work" got in the way of time so i couldnt even get into it but had time to blow so i did the throttle body. Da** was it dirty lol but hey i think it hasnt been cleaned in 75,000 miles.
gunnerscherlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #2243
2005RubiTJ
2005 WK 

Ordered a SC flaspaq from Kolak and firmed up plans with some buddies to get my 4xg armor (front, rear, side, diff) installed on Saturday. Great start to the new year!
2005RubiTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #2244
LouC
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerscherlin View Post
Well attempted to change my spark plugs today, all 16 but that stupid thing called "work" got in the way of time so i couldnt even get into it but had time to blow so i did the throttle body. Da** was it dirty lol but hey i think it hasnt been cleaned in 75,000 miles.

When you do the plugs, consider moving the fuse/relay box on the driver side inner fender, that will make it a lot easier. I did my plugs back in Oct and it's not a bad job but access on the front driver side ones is tight.
I also found that after you remove the coil pack and spray compressed air to get rid of any dirt, spray a bit of PB Blaster or Kroil around the plug, wait a bit, then crack it loose, wait a bit more. That will let them come out easy with no thread damage. I made an extended spray wand to make doing this easier.

Today I just did my last oil change before winter really starts (Mobil 1 5w-20) and put my winter rubber, studded General Arctic Altimax tires. With those tires, the WK with QDII is un stoppable in winter driving. I think the Hemi likes Mobil 1, I find that it takes just a bit over 7 qts to read full on the dipstick.
LouC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #2245
mattydipps
2006 WK 

purchased my replacement wheel speed sensor, 36 bucks from the dealer and tomorrow i have to go get my truck back from a different dealer and replace the sensor.

will the lights that are on my dash automatically go off after i put the new sensor on or should i pull the battery terminal?
Unread 12-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #2246
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

I used the beast to jump start my mom's 2011 hyundai veracruz...the site on my dads face when I opened the hood and he saw the HEMI was priceless...
Silver WK Club Member #21

2007 Jeep Compass (sold)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee (sold)
2008 Jeep Wrangler unlimited 4d (current)
2012 Dodge Durango (current)
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #2247
gunnerscherlin
2005 WK 

Well finally got my spark plugs changed. Jezz was it tough lol the passengers side wasnt too hard but the driver side was tight. By the fuse box i had to put the socket in the hole then the extension then add the knuckle for extra length. It was all worth it though since 4 spark plugs were loose and one box didnt have both nuts. Just pisses me off when people do half a** jobs on stuff then people have to clean up there mess. BTW did the seafoam thing on the jeep. Didnt put out any white smoke so it shouldnt be too dirty.
gunnerscherlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #2248
sunrcr69
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastien View Post
guys i didnt want to open a thread for just one question..so here we are-will wj hooks and brackets (front) fit on our newer wks? i dont know that i have the tools to drill new holes so....what do you think??

ALSO- Today i got my jeep dirty with some light wheeling.
The hols are different. Bust out the drill.
2005 WK 5.7L Hemi, RC 2" BB + fabrication = 3.5" lift, JK Rubicon Tires & Wheels, 1.25" Spacers, Fabricated Skidplate, Fabricated Recovery Points, Airaid CAI, Superchips, HIDs RED WK Club #10
sunrcr69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #2249
Piepenbrok420
2013 JK Wrangler 

I examined all the damage from wheeling on christmas, got lucky and only have to replace the rear bumper, luckily i can get one for $270 painted with my employee discount at firestone. Does this seem like a good deal or should i hit up a yard?
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #2250
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

broke my e-brake...
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.