What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 144 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 12-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #2146
Leeworthy

Replaced the egr. What an easy job. 1/2 hour and I was back up and running. No more bucking and stuttering and mpg went up.

Leeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #2147
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeds_dead View Post
I was bored so decided to do something I haven't seen yet. Look at the caliper!
Looks good, but you should paint the caliper first. Mine are about 4 years old in the pic. That was after cleaning them up. I'm debating reversing the colors and painting the caliper black with red lettering. Good look though.
caliper.jpg   dscn4620.jpg  
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #2148
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Did a full body damage assessment from wheeling at Uwharrie on Saturday - everything looked good and is running well. Was running pretty low on power steering fluid so I topped that off. Installed some new reverse lights, and some side lights on the cargo rack (no more using my reverse lights as sliders) - for those who remember where my reverse lights used to be. Driver side mounting bracket got a little loose on my 4xG RG2 - so I tightened that. I'll toss a couple pics up of the lights tomorrow morning.
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #2149
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac

Looks good, but you should paint the caliper first. Mine are about 4 years old in the pic. That was after cleaning them up. I'm debating reversing the colors and painting the caliper black with red lettering. Good look though.
I know, I was planning on it. How you'd paint the letters and caliper different?
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #2150
JeepMDHemi
2005 WK 

Body color right?? I wanna do this for my 05 lights. Are you doing an 08 conversion nate??
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #2151
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
wow omelet, those look amazing ... I've been keeping up with a few of the things you did and they're awesome ..... if only i had the confidence you do lol

those are going to look sick when your done
Thanks Man! I have been sitting on these for a month now and it has been killing me! I wanted to wait until I was on leave so I wouldn't rush the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMDHemi View Post
Body color right?? I wanna do this for my 05 lights. Are you doing an 08 conversion nate??
Yep! Color matching them Khaki. I am not doing a complete conversion, just the lights!

Here is how it looks finished, well with paint at least

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #2152
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
I know, I was planning on it. How you'd paint the letters and caliper different?
I painted the calipers, then after they were dry went back with a paint pen and did the letters by hand.
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #2153
JeepMDHemi
2005 WK 

Can't wait to see it I'm doing mine after Christmas I hope
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #2154
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac

I painted the calipers, then after they were dry went back with a paint pen and did the letters by hand.
What tape did you use to tape it off?
Unread 12-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #2155
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Drove a 2010 s limited on Saturday. Probably the sweetest car I have ever been in. Those seats just wrap around you. Its like sitting in your living room chair! Words can not describe the beauty of that jeep. 30 gs for it though, only 16000 miles on it!

Sent from my Droid using JeepForum
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #2156
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
Drove a 2010 s limited on Saturday. Probably the sweetest car I have ever been in. Those seats just wrap around you. Its like sitting in your living room chair! Words can not describe the beauty of that jeep. 30 gs for it though, only 16000 miles on it!

Sent from my Droid using JeepForum
i dont think thats a bad price for last years jeep with 16k on the clock could probably talk them down a few grand to make you feel like your getting a "deal" lol
Unread 12-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #2157
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
What tape did you use to tape it off?
??? No tape.
Unread 12-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #2158
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Did you take the caliper off when you painted it or left it on? The reason I asked what tape was because I was trying to tape it off on the brake and I was using painters tape and it was most def not working?
Unread 12-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #2159
Budasac
2005 WK 

The kit I used came with a really good cleaner/degreaser that I used first. The tape probably isn't sticking cause there's grease or oil residue. Also, mine was a brush on paint, no spray.
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #2160
Camp
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeworthy View Post
Replaced the egr. What an easy job. 1/2 hour and I was back up and running. No more bucking and stuttering and mpg went up.
What exactly is the egr? How did you replace it and how much did it cost? I am trying to do everything I can to gain some mpgs.
Camp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.