What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 142 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Huge Soft top SaleNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #2116
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
way better off
i wish mine was painted instead of the dull trim plastic lol
the more i see it the more i like it.. i think the 4x4 and the laredo will come off soon ill keep you guys posted and post more picss.... im planning a sweet photo shoot soon once the truck is underway and i get the rims on ... ill keep you guys posted on that too

Unread 12-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #2117
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

i drove mine to my new jobsite and got her alittle muddy
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #2118
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
the more i see it the more i like it.. i think the 4x4 and the laredo will come off soon ill keep you guys posted and post more picss.... im planning a sweet photo shoot soon once the truck is underway and i get the rims on ... ill keep you guys posted on that too
thats sick man
i think i might debadge mine in the spring but i like having the 3.0L diesel badge ahaha
Unread 12-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #2119
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjones2001 View Post
What did I do to my WK today? I put gas in it and DROVE it around.

Great fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
i drove mine to my new jobsite and got her alittle muddy
Good ones! I drove the WK around town as Santa incognito buyin up goodies for the fam. I thought I was supposed to have elves that make $h!t.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #2120
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Installed a 4xGuard Rear Guard II today. I'll post a step by step with pictures soon.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2011, 06:54 AM   #2121
polpilot
2005 WK 

Made a "skid plate"/air dam out of aluminum diamond plate and painted it with bed liner. Before someone says something.. I'm doing a little MPG experiment... Plus looks good till I can get back to the states to order a real one. (they won't ship to me with out extra $$$)
image-2554187712.jpg   image-3856349676.jpg  
Unread 12-16-2011, 07:20 AM   #2122
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

^ u can make me one!
Unread 12-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #2123
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by polpilot View Post
Made a "skid plate"/air dam out of aluminum diamond plate and painted it with bed liner. Before someone says something.. I'm doing a little MPG experiment... Plus looks good till I can get back to the states to order a real one. (they won't ship to me with out extra $$$)
Looks to me like that is a real one. I like it.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #2124
xOakley
2005 WK 

Put some lights on my front guard and the back of the rack, made a switch panel, and put the "mopar" emblem on my liftgate hatch but of course it dosnt look as good as omelets I need to get the letters off a ram to use, I think that makes a big difference! Ill post some pictures later when I am off work.
xOakley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #2125
Magnetrax
2005 WK 

$$

bought and registered my 05 wk hemi.. stoked! I'll wash it once i get home from work
Magnetrax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #2126
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetrax
bought and registered my 05 wk hemi.. stoked! I'll wash it once i get home from work
You went to work on the day you bought your car? I called in sick and drove around and washed it after lol its more of a holiday to me
Unread 12-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #2127
xOakley
2005 WK 

I hate getting off every day and only having 10 minuets of sunlight, Ill try and get a better picture tomorrow with a better camera.

I bought the lights I have on the back with intentions to put them on the front guard but when I held one up on the back I liked how they looked so I ended up just leaving them. I already drilled holes for them on the guard so I went digging in some boxes of car junk and found a set of slim lights I used as back up lights under my truck. I mounted them on the front and they ended up not looking to bad so I think ill wire them up and keep them.

xOakley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #2128
Muddy4DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOakley View Post
I hate getting off every day and only having 10 minuets of sunlight, Ill try and get a better picture tomorrow with a better camera.

I bought the lights I have on the back with intentions to put them on the front guard but when I held one up on the back I liked how they looked so I ended up just leaving them. I already drilled holes for them on the guard so I went digging in some boxes of car junk and found a set of slim lights I used as back up lights under my truck. I mounted them on the front and they ended up not looking to bad so I think ill wire them up and keep them.

What tail light guards do you have on the back there? I'm going to do some searching, but do you have any info on your homemade front guard?

As for me today, I took off the air dam in the front. So far it's the only exterior modification but it really changes the front end from looking like a minivan to having an actual approach angle. I'm excited that it's just one less thing that'll restrict me while playing in the snow!
Unread 12-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #2129
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

Learned that the traction control sounds like death. (First 1" of snowfall came way late this year.) I've read all over to long-press the ESP button to turn it off but mine doesn't chime or display anything. It's either on or on the single push setting. Just pushing it once does eliminate the sound unless I really try to get them spinning.
Blue WK Club Member #32
t3kmitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #2130
darkcommander
2008 XK Commander 

I wanna say if its pre 2006 you cant completely turn it off, I think 2006 was the first year that you could turn it completely off.
darkcommander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.