What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 140 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #2086
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK View Post
nice...more of a stinger, first ive seen that on a wk...i think i like it. any more pics from the side or closer up?
I'll get ya some tomorrow... I tried to take some for Jager00, but my phone was acting out, as usual. It looks VERY good from the side. It doesn't come forward that much - but comes forward enough to be parallel to the rest of the armor in the front. I like this approach much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
That looks good AJ. I want to make something like that. I thought a "stinger" would look good too. I found this custom one that I was basing my design on. Mine will be similar , but a little beefier.
Lots of plans but no time. lol.
That setup looks pretty good, yeah I like that. Whose WK is that? - I would probably make mine a little thicker too if I had that set up, but I think the 4xG provides really good foundational support for these things. We know that 4xG ain't gonna budge, so a 'stinger' on this setup ain't a bad idea.

Unread 12-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #2087
Chirpz

2007 WK 

4x Guard

Today I installed new 4xGuard side rails. Very nice. Easy job, except it was cold outside....brrrrr.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #2088
jager00
2005 WK 

Chiprz- make sure you do a write up! You always do a good job on them.

Tonight i swapped out rear coils and eliminated the pucks

2005 WK 9" lift on 37's with all the goodies- regretfully sold :(
jager00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #2089
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post

That setup looks pretty good, yeah I like that. Whose WK is that? - I would probably make mine a little thicker too if I had that set up, but I think the 4xG provides really good foundational support for these things. We know that 4xG ain't gonna budge, so a 'stinger' on this setup ain't a bad idea.
I believe it belongs to "DGoral31" on JG. And yeah, thicker. It looks like that one is only .5" tube. I was thinking 1" heavy wall pipe for the horizontal part infront of the bumper, then .75" for the hoop, but a little more triangular with only 2 lights on top, then two fogs on the bottom hoop. I have a few different drawings I'm working on. ( And then the chrome will be no longer)
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #2090
CmmdrDan

Drank a 2 double Kraken and cokes and filled the tank...not in that order..OHHHH YEA!
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #2091
Robb286

2006 WK 

Aj that looks sick!!! More pics please! Ive been mind f**king ideas for my matrix lately and i think im stealing your hoop idea if ya dont mind.
I thinking something like the jk hoops
image-2740880961.png  
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #2092
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
I believe it belongs to "DGoral31" on JG. And yeah, thicker. It looks like that one is only .5" tube. I was thinking 1" heavy wall pipe for the horizontal part infront of the bumper, then .75" for the hoop, but a little more triangular with only 2 lights on top, then two fogs on the bottom hoop. I have a few different drawings I'm working on. ( And then the chrome will be no longer)
Yep that is his username. He lives in LA which is where he had it made. The guy will make more if anyone is interested, but I think he wants something like $500 for it.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #2093
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMDHemi

Stock housing. Why hesitant about it?
I hear the glare they cause in stock housings is blinding to other drivers. Let me know what you think when you get them put in. And be sure to post some pics.

Sent from my Droid using JeepForum
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #2094
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb286 View Post
Aj that looks sick!!! More pics please! Ive been mind f**king ideas for my matrix lately and i think im stealing your hoop idea if ya dont mind.
I thinking something like the jk hoops
Please, I insist - Maybe we can call it - AJ's Stinger Mod, lmao - I'm kidding, i'm not that self-centered, lmao. But, 'steal' away, lol. I had no idea there were this many WK's looking for creative things to and venture out from the typical grill guard set-up - so I'm actually really interested to see what you guys come up with as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
Drank a 2 double Kraken and cokes and filled the tank...not in that order..OHHHH YEA!
I hope you don't work tonight.

Quote:
This one made by warrior is made out 1.5" tubing. I don't like big lights blocking the air intake and grill. So the only extra lighting I get will probably be going to the cargo rack. Not to mention I think I have plenty of light now, lol. I'll get a set for the sides. But aside from the headlights, I have 2 additional sets in the front, not including fogs. But I do like DGoral31's idea there...
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #2095
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jager00 View Post
Chiprz- make sure you do a write up! You always do a good job on them.

Tonight i swapped out rear coils and eliminated the pucks
I am planning a write up soon, probably toward the end of the week. I'll be putting on a Rear Guard II also. It arrived today.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #2096
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
I am planning a write up soon, probably toward the end of the week. I'll be putting on a Rear Guard II also. It arrived today.
Looking forward to your write up! Skids and rails are def on my wish list. Did you have any hangups with 4xG? Been reading a thread on JG that puts 4xG in a bad light. I think things have calmed down and been resolved but it still makes me leary.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #2097
Northwoods18
2005 WK 

Just swapped in a new EGR valve, debadged the rear and put on the Harbor Freight tow shackle. I want to get the Hemi badge the newer Hemi's came with, anybody have a cheap place to pick one up? I'm guessin ebay is the best bet
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #2098
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods18 View Post
Just swapped in a new EGR valve, debadged the rear and put on the Harbor Freight tow shackle. I want to get the Hemi badge the newer Hemi's came with, anybody have a cheap place to pick one up? I'm guessin ebay is the best bet
Not sure if it's considered cheap but I'd assume you could find it here.
http://www.justforjeeps.com/decals.html#top
Blue WK Club Member #32
t3kmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #2099
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Installed my replacement mirror (yesterday) Works/looks just like oem, but 100 dollars cheaper! Oem - 150, Koolvue mirror - 56 bucks. The only complain I have is no directions came with it, but who can't figure out how to install a mirror?

Sent from my Droid using JeepForum
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #2100
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods18
Rockauto.com!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.