What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 05-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #196
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by setter91 View Post
Mine rotors are warped at 40k. What kind did you buy?
I just went with NAPA. I've had the high end stuff and had some issue with them too, so now I just get standard rotors and and high grade pads (not ceramic). It takes me less then an hour to do a brake job, and I don't mind doing it so.....

Your rear rotors warped at 40k?? My fronts went at 20, but like I said, I've never had rears warp until now.

Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #197
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by criket View Post
Great looking mustang Bud! Yea, the value of you and your old man working on it cannot compare to anything the kbb says, unless it's way up in the 6 figures, lol. I would love to have a car like that but I'd prob get hurt, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsmed98 View Post
^^^^ that's one sexy mustang you should definitely fix it up this summer. If you ever need a hand let me know.

Thanks guys. I don't give her as much attention as I should. I need to start taking her out more. All of my extra cash goes to the WK.
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #198
zup28w
2005 WK 

The lady and I are heading up north to the White Mountains in NH. It's about a 3.5 hour drive from where we live. Tomorrow the plan is to drive up Mt Washington. Can't wait! Just put in new brakes and rotors considering I went 60k without ever touching them.

http://www.mtwashingtonautoroad.com/

Greg
zup28w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #199
setter91
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I just went with NAPA. I've had the high end stuff and had some issue with them too, so now I just get standard rotors and and high grade pads (not ceramic). It takes me less then an hour to do a brake job, and I don't mind doing it so.....

Your rear rotors warped at 40k?? My fronts went at 20, but like I said, I've never had rears warp until now.
Not sure if it's the rears or the fronts. I'll probably just replace everything..the old "might as well". I'm curious, why not ceramics? I replace the stock pads on my old Intrepid with ceramic and on my T&C. The WK has them and I'll probably go with wagners thermo quiets. Much better breaking and no dust.
setter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #200
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by setter91 View Post
Not sure if it's the rears or the fronts. I'll probably just replace everything..the old "might as well". I'm curious, why not ceramics? I replace the stock pads on my old Intrepid with ceramic and on my T&C. The WK has them and I'll probably go with wagners thermo quiets. Much better breaking and no dust.
I was just pointing out that when I said "high grade" I didn't mean ceramic. I have nothing against them. They def. keep your wheels cleaner. I had EBC slotted rotors and green stuff ceramic pads up front with Raybestas ceramics in the rear, But they simply didn't last as long as I'd hoped.(warped at after about 35k)
I also felt that I needed a little more pedal pressure to stop with the ceramic pads on standard rotors. ( They were great with the slotted/dimpled rotors)
So now I just get the "premium" rotors and pads. Couldn't justify the price on the EBC stuff. Since the labor is free I just change them as needed.
BTW, the ceramics in the rear still had plenty of meat after 50k but I changed them because the rotors warped.

And as per the warping. If the front is warped you'll feel it in the steering wheel when breaking hard at high speeds. If it's the rear it will have more of a pulsing feel to it. You'll only feel it in the pedal, not the wheel.
Unread 05-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #201
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

I installed my tow hitch! I have yet to wire it though.

Sent from my Droid using JeepForum
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #202
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
I installed my tow hitch! I have yet to wire it though.

umnnn....... pics???
Unread 05-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #203
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac

umnnn....... pics???
Its just under the bumper, but ill go snap some quick pics right now

Unread 05-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #204
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have yet to wire it. And my trailer has electric brakes. Not good
Unread 05-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #205
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Just got a 4Wheel Parts credit card
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #206
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold View Post
Just got a 4Wheel Parts credit card
ummm yes... I have a list of purchases id like for you to make... ill text you the shipping address.
Unread 05-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #207
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_WK View Post
ummm yes... I have a list of purchases id like for you to make... ill text you the shipping address.
Lol, so tempted to put my addicts on it but I just purchased the tiregate last week and have it on another card for the flying miles. Now I can't decide if I need the tire carrier more than the wheels since I can stick the spare in storage and use AAA for any problems.... any advice?

1) Addicts and dump the spare
or
2) Keep the Tiregate and keep the spare for my long drives

I can't do both since I am getting married in September and having a new mortgage on her rings and her new stud I bought her last week took me to the poor house... sort of.
Unread 05-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #208
criket
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold View Post
Lol, so tempted to put my addicts on it but I just purchased the tiregate last week and have it on another card for the flying miles. Now I can't decide if I need the tire carrier more than the wheels since I can stick the spare in storage and use AAA for any problems.... any advice?

1) Addicts and dump the spare
or
2) Keep the Tiregate and keep the spare for my long drives

I can't do both since I am getting married in September and having a new mortgage on her rings and her new stud I bought her last week took me to the poor house... sort of.
I feeel ya dude. I'm also geting married in september and just bought the wedding bands over the weekend.....ouch......so we'll see how many mods will happen on the wk in the next 6 months
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #209
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

You could always sell your old wheels and get the addicts.

But if it were me, id get the tire gate
Unread 05-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #210
Acidcold
2005 WK 

I have been staring at this for the past 3 hours..

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...light=tiregate

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.