What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 139 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #2071
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Yeah I always ended up saying something to justify the purchase even with my lift kit I said the v8s came higher then the 6 and its better for the snow and of course mommy doesn't want me getting stuck lol

Unread 12-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #2072
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOakley
And sorry omelet I hate to be the copy cat but I may be stealing your mopar on the back!!!
Thanks ok! It is a great mod!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #2073
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

put my new solid diff cover on...

Unread 12-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #2074
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOakley View Post
I had to help the fam out today so looks like ill try and make a set next weekend. Im still in a huge debate if I should just bite the bullet and buy the 4xguard ones, They just look so dang good!
Yeah i would eventually buy the 4xguard ones even if i made my own but it's not that he doesn't trust me to make something, he just hates any type of mod to any car that is custom made (dont know why). like my expanded sheet grille, i had to tell him my old grille was broken (which was semi true) so instead of spending $200 on a new insert i just made my own.
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #2075
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMDHemi View Post
Ordered My HID's today!!!! 6000K Low's and 3000K Fog's.

Ordered them From DDMTuning. Cant wait till they get here!
You have projectors? Or just putting them in the stock housings? I've been contemplating about getting HID's but I'm hesitant to put them in the stock housings.
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #2076
notransitory128
2005 WK 

Cleaned the stickers off the jeep. Its getting DARK tint tomorrow!! Will post pics.
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #2077
Muddy4DSM

Had to get some of the basics - new front pads, cable lock for spare tire, and ball/hitch that didn't come with the truck.

I'm looking to find some 2500K or 3000K bulbs for the fog lights, but none of the auto parts stores around here sell them. I ordered some for my last car online but they were pretty crappy quality - burned out in a couple months with minimal use. If I have to order online, what brand do you recommend for the yellow color bulbs?
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #2078
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy4DSM View Post
Had to get some of the basics - new front pads, cable lock for spare tire, and ball/hitch that didn't come with the truck.

I'm looking to find some 2500K or 3000K bulbs for the fog lights, but none of the auto parts stores around here sell them. I ordered some for my last car online but they were pretty crappy quality - burned out in a couple months with minimal use. If I have to order online, what brand do you recommend for the yellow color bulbs?
get ur self a nice set of yellow hids, a buddy of mine bought a 40 dollar set on ebay and 2 years later theyre still on.... and he uses his fogs every time he puts his headlights on
Unread 12-12-2011, 01:28 AM   #2079
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

rockford fosgate punch p3 12" and JL jx1000/1 amp on their way
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #2080
Piepenbrok420
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK
put my new solid diff cover on...
Did you have a problem lining up any of the bolts?

08 WK 3.7 QT1, RRO 2.25" lift, Bilstein HD shocks and struts, 255/70r17 revo II's with 1.5" spidertrax, Mopar skids, Saguaro D-shackle mounts, Hella 500's.
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #2081
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piepenbrok420 View Post
Did you have a problem lining up any of the bolts?

08 WK 3.7 QT1, RRO 2.25" lift, Bilstein HD shocks and struts, 255/70r17 revo II's with 1.5" spidertrax, Mopar skids, Saguaro D-shackle mounts, Hella 500's.
umm i had to fiddle with it a bit, i kept them all loose and had to shift it around a bit to get the last few in but once they were all started they went in no problem. still having trouble with yours?
Unread 12-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #2082
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Installed a grill guard that just happens to be compatible with my Matrix ... This one extends forward a little bit, which I like because I feel it offers more protection for the lights and grill itself.. Going to cut some rectangular brackets for the mounting location to make it stronger.
Unread 12-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #2083
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

nice...more of a stinger, first ive seen that on a wk...i think i like it. any more pics from the side or closer up?
Unread 12-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #2084
JeepMDHemi
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeKO3

You have projectors? Or just putting them in the stock housings? I've been contemplating about getting HID's but I'm hesitant to put them in the stock housings.
Stock housing. Why hesitant about it?
Unread 12-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #2085
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
Installed a grill guard that just happens to be compatible with my Matrix ... This one extends forward a little bit, which I like because I feel it offers more protection for the lights and grill itself.. Going to cut some rectangular brackets for the mounting location to make it stronger.
That looks good AJ. I want to make something like that. I thought a "stinger" would look good too. I found this custom one that I was basing my design on. Mine will be similar , but a little beefier.
Lots of plans but no time. lol.
custom-front-bumper.jpg  
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.