What did you do to your WK/XK today? - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.com

Unread 05-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #181
Chapman89
2011 JK Wrangler 

You shouldn't need to jack up the Jeep at all. Just make sure its on a level surface so everything is lined up correctly. I had the sway bar bushings swapped in about a half hour. Most of the time was spent loosening all the bolts. I'd definitely soak them good beforehand.

So I was supposed to order a Belly skid before ECCC but my battery is taking a dive on me, looks like $150 out of my pocket! What a load of crap!

Chapman89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #182
BonesWK
2006 WK 

right on Chap thanks for the input!

our batteries are so dang expensive... it sucks.
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #183
Dubtype1
2006 XK Commander 

Made my own switch panel.......$10 (switches)

Unread 05-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #184
sal-XK
2007 XK Commander 

Looks good man I like it.
sal-XK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #185
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesWK
right on Chap thanks for the input!

our batteries are so dang expensive... it sucks.
It seems like a lot of batteries are expensive. My wife's battery on her tahoe(when we had it) when out, and to replace it with an average battery, it was 160 bucks!

Sent from my Droid using JeepForum
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #186
sal-XK
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman89 View Post
You shouldn't need to jack up the Jeep at all. Just make sure its on a level surface so everything is lined up correctly. I had the sway bar bushings swapped in about a half hour. Most of the time was spent loosening all the bolts. I'd definitely soak them good beforehand.

So I was supposed to order a Belly skid before ECCC but my battery is taking a dive on me, looks like $150 out of my pocket! What a load of crap!
You will just have to take it easy then its more then possible to get threw that place without it.
sal-XK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #187
snow99dohc
2007 WK 

More exhaust work. Bye bye resonator. Now it's more of a MBRP style exhaust. 3" Cherry Bomb Vortex Muffler, no res, and 4" chrome rolled slant tip.

XK/WK OWNERS GROUP #5
snow99dohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #188
Nejeep

Today I changed the brake fluid in the 2006 WK. Quite sure it was the original factory stuff still in there, but it was still sort of clear with a brownish tint. I was too lazy to flush the lines and calipers so I just sucked out MC reservoir and refilled with fresh DOT 3 fluid from NAPA.
Also did my 2000 Accord while I had the equipment out. It had been flushed 3 years ago however it looked a little dirter than the Jeep fluid.

97 Laredo - 4.0 4x4 Daily driver for 8 years then relocated to Arizona for 6 more years with the relatives
Nejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #189
Budasac
2005 WK 

Nothin' major. Today I replaced my rear rotors and pads and rotated the tires. Rotors were warped. Never had rear rotors warp on me. They were the originals though with 83,xxx miles on them, so I can't complain. Here are some pics. Cause I know, "if there are no pics, it didn't happen!"
brakes.jpg   brakes2.jpg  
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #190
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Bud.. more info on that mustang if you will
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #191
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold View Post
Bud.. more info on that mustang if you will
It's in my sig.

My first car. Got it when I was 16 and worked on it every night after I got home from football/wrestling practice with my old man.

That's where I learned all my driving skills. A four speed with a Big Block, no power steering, "power assisted" brakes , and so much torque you can spin the tires in third from a standing start. (I can get them to spin if I punch it when doing 60mpg too. That can be a little scary though.)

She's a '68, got her in '90. I used to love it in high school when kids would roll up in the 5.0 fox body mustangs from the late 80's thinkin they were fast. They didn't stand a chance. She's real fast in a straight line, but handles for **** in the turns.

Still stock right now (we did an "original" restore back in the day. Except for all the Shelby stuff. Hood, Trunk, and side scoops). But I think eventually, when I get some time and money, I'd like to mod it. Lower it 2", disk brakes all around, Flaming River steering box, bigger wheels w/ low pro tire for handling (running on 14's right now.), headers, lower racing apron to replace the front bumper, etc.

Right now It needs a rear. Or maybe just a pinion gear. I'm not sure.

I don't use it much because the wifey doesn't like to ride in it. She says she gets whiplash everytime she goes for a ride and smells like exhaust when she gets out. Uh ya, I know.....isn't it great!!

Every couple years I debate selling it and buying a TJ to build into a trail rig. But I can never seem to part with it. Plus it's a good investment. The blue book on it is about 25 g's and going up as there are less and less around. Especially the Big Block. Most have the 289 or 351 as opposed to the 390 or 427. But that doesn't really matter if I don't sell. It has a lot of personal history. It's the car that made me a man. lol

So.... I'll prob keep her forever. The TJ will have to wait. This summer I'm fixing the rear even if I have to charge everything. I need to get her out and shake off the dust.
mustang.jpg  
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #192
criket
2005 WK 

Great looking mustang Bud! Yea, the value of you and your old man working on it cannot compare to anything the kbb says, unless it's way up in the 6 figures, lol. I would love to have a car like that but I'd prob get hurt, lol.
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #193
Devilsmed98
1995 YJ Wrangler 

^^^^ that's one sexy mustang you should definitely fix it up this summer. If you ever need a hand let me know.

Today I didn't do anything to my WK but, I did purchase a set of Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights. They are pretty slim (think the same size as the 500ff). I'm planning on locating them behind the grill not sure how yet but that's the plan. I like that option compared to the outside since I'm gonna have the blacked out look.

It's pretty cool how they work too, it's completely black and then once you turn on the light BAM! bright lights.
~Black WK Club Member #9~
2011 WKII Overland
2007 WK Limited[/COLOR]
1995 YJ Rio Grande
Devilsmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #194
setter91
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Nothin' major. Today I replaced my rear rotors and pads and rotated the tires. Rotors were warped. Never had rear rotors warp on me. They were the originals though with 83,xxx miles on them, so I can't complain. Here are some pics. Cause I know, "if there are no pics, it didn't happen!"
Mine rotors are warped at 40k. What kind did you buy?
setter91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #195
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Very nice stang! Nothing beats the good ol' muscle cars from back in the days. I will be looking into a 70 challenger in a few years, Not a big fan of modern muscle cars do to all there sensors and what not. I still wouldn't mind a GNX grand national! beauty!
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.