Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Tags
radiator
2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  99sajeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted

#3,353 ·
Tried to do rear brakes today. Both rotors are frozen in place. Removed the assembly line o-rings, used dead blow hammer, pry bars, and PB Blaster. No joy. :dunno:

Every routine job is an adventure. I'd rather have the new rotors and brake pads on the Jeep instead of the garage floor. :rolleyes:

Everything is back together now, but I need to figure out why the rotors will not come off. There are still miles left on current pads, so it's not critical to do it this weekend. :help:

#3,358 ·
BleedingBlue said:
Do you live close to a Advance auto/auto zone? They will pull the code for you for free
Both of them like 2 blocks away.....wasent aware of that bro.thanks.

#3,359 ·
BleedingBlue said:
Do you live close to a Advance auto/auto zone? They will pull the code for you for free
Wasent aware of that brother......thanks. ill do that tonite!

#3,360 ·
Walt said:
Tried to do rear brakes today. Both rotors are frozen in place. Removed the assembly line o-rings, used dead blow hammer, pry bars, and PB Blaster. No joy. :dunno:

Every routine job is an adventure. I'd rather have the new rotors and brake pads on the Jeep instead of the garage floor. :rolleyes:

Everything is back together now, but I need to figure out why the rotors will not come off. There are still miles left on current pads, so it's not critical to do it this weekend. :help:
I know this might be an obvious thing, but did you have the parking brake on?

53guy said:
17" Moabs....$125 for all 5! Going to powder coat them similar to the COD Edition Wrangler wheels and use them when I eventually lift the WK.
Nice! I have been on the hunt for a deal like that around here for the past week. No luck yet, but I have some time.

#3,370 ·
I know this might be an obvious thing, but did you have the parking brake on?.....
No. Because the largest hill here in the part of mid-Michigan is probably 10 ft, I don't even remember using it for a long time. Even so, I checked it when I found the rotors frozen.

Been thinking overnight: Could there be a ridge inside the top hat drum braking surface for the e-brake shoes? Sort of like the one on the rotor outside diameter where the pads stop. If that were the case, it might prevent them from coming off. Anybody experience this?

#3,361 ·
Went to refuel and go for a cruise; the "Miles Till Empty" on the dash computer was jumping all over hell. I put just over 50 miles on and I went from 412 miles to go from the gas station to 397 miles to go by the time I parked it. Yeah, we got some long hills here; went up & down them.

#3,362 ·
JRLT said:
Went to refuel and go for a cruise; the "Miles Till Empty" on the dash computer was jumping all over hell. I put just over 50 miles on and I went from 412 miles to go from the gas station to 397 miles to go by the time I parked it. Yeah, we got some long hills here; went up & down them.
That thing is a rough referance man.....don't trust it too much.

#3,363 ·
Just saying it was jumping around like crazy since I changed my fluids.

Must be all the power in my Power Wire.

#3,364 ·
Hmmmmmm that's odd, idk too much on the power wire, but hope its not too bad .

#3,365 ·
That was a joke but I did just change my differential, transfer case fluids and oil.

#3,366 ·
Taken from this video:

This is a way beefier transfer case than what I got. Plus, mine had a counter-weight on mine that I had to unbolt first.

#3,367 ·
Got busted racing a SRT4 neon (full exhaust, cold air, tune, and a 75 shot of spray). We stopped middle of the highway (dark, no one around... We thought!) he beat me by about 5 cars, then the blue lights came on! I had 3 other guys and a full tank of fuel so not bad for stock!

Great driving awards = 96 in a 65 (first read was 107 but he "gave us a break" and a C&I for drag racing! I tried the ole "but sir it's a Cherokee" but it was a no go.

It probably didn't help that my brakes were literally smoking like hell when he came to my window (107 down to 60ish in a HURRY!)

#3,379 ·
Got busted racing a SRT4 neon (full exhaust, cold air, tune, and a 75 shot of spray). We stopped middle of the highway (dark, no one around... We thought!) he beat me by about 5 cars, then the blue lights came on! I had 3 other guys and a full tank of fuel so not bad for stock!

Great driving awards = 96 in a 65 (first read was 107 but he "gave us a break" and a C&I for drag racing! I tried the ole "but sir it's a Cherokee" but it was a no go.

It probably didn't help that my brakes were literally smoking like hell when he came to my window (107 down to 60ish in a HURRY!)
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but PLEASE keep all racing to the tracks. I've had to many friends get hurt or killed street racing. I used to do it too but have since done diffferent.

#3,368 ·
Haha yea I don't race my jeep...that's what my pontiac is for!

#3,371 ·
BobG97 said:
Agreed, I usually take out my CTS-V
Damn, those are nice...my G8 goes 0-60 in 4.7 sec, but you got that beat :laugh:

#3,373 ·
Thanks. I'll try that today....with more PB blaster, of course.:rofl:

#3,375 ·
Didn't do to much just gave her a quick wash before work but after I plan on looking into moving my roof lights to behind my grill, doing the expanded metal grill and also giving the inside a nice once over!! :) spring cleaning here I come!

#3,376 ·
53guy said:
Ya, I couldn't pass on the deal. I wont be able to use them until I get my super lift on in a few months but for a tank of gas and $125, it's almost a steal.
What did you use to search for.....I'm running around ebay but it keeps throwing a bunch of extra crap at me....I need to narrow down my search more .

#3,377 ·
Did some trails in the mountains this morning. I haven't had the jeep out in awhile and today's such a beautiful day, i might just refuel and go back out. :D

Attachments

#3,380 ·
criket said:
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but PLEASE keep all racing to the tracks. I've had to many friends get hurt or killed street racing. I used to do it too but have since done diffferent.
Everyone has their own opinion but our options are limited, nearest track for 1/8 is 2.5 hours and is only open a few times a year to non bracket racing, the closest 1/4 is well over 3 hours away.

Empty 4 lanes work just fine for us... But you have to watch for the guys hiding in the shadows!

#3,381 ·
BobG97 said:
Everyone has their own opinion but our options are limited, nearest track for 1/8 is 2.5 hours and is only open a few times a year to non bracket racing, the closest 1/4 is well over 3 hours away.

Empty 4 lanes work just fine for us... But you have to watch for the guys hiding in the shadows!
I had an 89 camaro that I'd race on the 1/4. It was a drag/project car between my ex gfs brother and me. After we broke up we still worked on it and hit the drags a few times. Found out he street raced it blew the engine up for running nitrous.

#3,382 ·
S1L3NT_WH33L3R said:
I had an 89 camaro that I'd race on the 1/4. It was a drag/project car between my ex gfs brother and me. After we broke up we still worked on it and hit the drags a few times. Found out he street raced it blew the engine up for running nitrous.
Yeah I tend to stay clear of the bottle but I have a lot of buddies that spray, Its all fun and games till someone melts a piston lol