Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WK/XK today?

Tags
radiator
2M views 19K replies 1K participants last post by  99sajeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted

#13,885 ·
Put a Second Coat of Paint on the Brush guard.

Was gonna Work on my Custom Headlights a little bit. Cant seem to find one of the parts. I Think my dad is playing a game of hid and seek on me. I swear if he threw it out. i might punch him in the face... Not Funny.

#13,888 ·
Cheap fix for my intermittent REC nav dvd unit.

For the last couple of years my REC nav disc would fail to be read after the second restart of the day, whether it was 1/2 hour or 24 hours later. The last few months, it wouldn't read at all at start-up, sometimes after reinserting the disc a few times it would work and once woking it kept working until another off-on cycle. I tried blowing canned air in as well as a dvd cleaner disc to no avail. I made an .iso copy and made 2 copies last year, both had the same results.
I bought a failed REC off eBay and was going to replace the nav dvd reader.
Took the old unit apart. One has to pretty-much remove everything to get to the dvd reader. Before taking the oem unit out I thought I'd try the air once more now knowing where the laser parked itself (1 inch right of center about 4 inches deep.) Put the canned air plastic tube in as far as it would go, released the air while slowly pulling the tube out.
FIXED.
Drove the car 6 hours stopping (ign off) 3 times. And the nav restarted just fine.

As an aside, I called NAVTEC about whether they're working on another update and the response was, "No updates are planned for the REC's". So this is it. If you only have the original disc, I suggest that you make a copy or two for back-up.

#13,889 ·
Carlson05 said:
I know this is a bit late, but i just experienced this my self. Fixed the problem today... All you have to do is take the unit were the adjustment screw is, twist the whole thing left and pull it out like a light bulb. Looking closer at it from the back you can fit a large Allen key in there and screw it all the way in (lights will aim downward). Then push that sucker back in and twist it tight. Adjustment screw won't do any good at that point. but they should be positioned pretty good if you have a lift on your jeep. Will let ya know what i think about the position of mine tomorrow.
Nice! Thanks! There is already a replacement in the mail, so hopefully I won't have to give this a shot, but if the new one is bad too, I'll certainly be doing this! Mine is lifted, and I never adjusted my stock headlights as I had these black replacements planned when I lifted it. Now that they're in I want to make sure they are adjusted correctly, don't want to blind on coming traffic. Do fog lights adjust the same way? If so I need to click them down a little too.

#13,891 ·
DB05wkNY said:
Nice! Thanks! There is already a replacement in the mail, so hopefully I won't have to give this a shot, but if the new one is bad too, I'll certainly be doing this! Mine is lifted, and I never adjusted my stock headlights as I had these black replacements planned when I lifted it. Now that they're in I want to make sure they are adjusted correctly, don't want to blind on coming traffic. Do fog lights adjust the same way? If so I need to click them down a little too.
Much better. I can actually see the road now instead of the sky ahaha. If the replacements don't work out then give my suggestion a go. Takes 5 minutes.

Fogs i don't really know. I got rid of the factories to upgraded LED pods.

#13,903 ·
Thanks guys, color turned out great, today I have to clean up the tires from overspray, I didn't get the tires with a thick enough coat, so didn't peel off very well, will have to use a paint thinner of sorts and be very careful not to touch the wheels. I'll post another pick or 2 when its all finished. I'm also gonna fill the cavity in the middle of the hood with the same dip, so we'll see how that turns out too.

#13,907 ·
I traded it in. Potentially having the transmission out again (twice in the last year, all before 100K miles) and all that was just too much for me. So I dumped it. Seems like these vehicles are either amazingly reliable, or defy human understanding in how often they take a dump. Mine was the latter, and I couldn't dump it fast enough. YMMV, best of luck, all!

#13,908 ·
Added a cover to the spare and tossed in a new set of RR floor liners from Quadratec. I'm looking at the cover as disposable and figure it won't last too long so but was only $20 of eBay. At least will keep the lifting mechanism and wheel clean while it lasts.

Rugged Ridge mats fit nicely and seem like a quality product. Good price from Quadratec on these. Only $69.99 for fronts. Thanks to Snow4Lif3 for the heads up on these.

Only problem I can see with the mats is the diver's side has a hole for the clip so would allow water to leak through. Thinking a small circular piece of duck tape to cover it will solve this problem.

Attachments

#13,921 ·
Rugged Ridge mats fit nicely and seem like a quality product. Good price from Quadratec on these. Only $69.99 for fronts. Thanks to Snow4Lif3 for the heads up on these.

Only problem I can see with the mats is the diver's side has a hole for the clip so would allow water to leak through. Thinking a small circular piece of duck tape to cover it will solve this problem.
Those liners look great. Now I want them.

#13,909 ·
I plasti dipped the badges on the back of my Jeep. No photos. It started to rain as I was finishing up. I need to clean up between the letters before I do any photos. I like the black on the dark green, though.

ETA: I was able to dodge the raindrops and clean things up a bit. Still have a little work to do, though.

Attachments

#13,910 ·
Debadged the front! As you can see I left a razor blade on the bumper (passenger side)... It rained and left a rust spot. Time to break out the goo gone once again! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Door Latch Mod!!! Best 5 minute mod ever!!!!
Unlocked