weird wiper issure? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > weird wiper issure?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 03-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
mattydipps
2006 WK 

weird wiper issure?

ive been noticing a weird thing with my wipers... if they are on any one of the first three clicks they are sometimes hesitant and sometimes they freeze up, it feels like it starts the cycle and move an inch and then they stop, if i speed up the intervals then it goes away??

anyone else deal with this problem or know the fix?

Unread 03-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
fclensy
2005 WK 

I have noticed the same issue on mine in the past few weeks. I never noticed it doing it before then. Will be interested to see if anybody has any ideas of what it is!
fclensy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
ive been noticing a weird thing with my wipers... if they are on any one of the first three clicks they are sometimes hesitant and sometimes they freeze up, it feels like it starts the cycle and move an inch and then they stop, if i speed up the intervals then it goes away??

anyone else deal with this problem or know the fix?
Do you have the rain sensing wiper feature ? if so , the delay settings 1-5 increment the rain sensing sensitivity of the wipers , 5 being the most sensitive . If you use a hot wax or rain-x type coating , that will throw off the sensing wipers as well .
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
mattydipps
2006 WK 

No it's just the regular turn on and off wipers
Unread 03-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
yzjwk
2005 WK 

The only other thing i can offer is that the wiper delay and speed sensitive wiper delay variation (among many other things) is controlled by the Front Control Module located between the battery and the integrated power module . But if your not having issues with any lights , then maybe it's just a dirty contact/connection in the multifunction switch ..
good luck
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
fclensy
2005 WK 

OP - Have you run into the problem I describe in this thread ~~~> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/f...first-1220639/ ? This is the only light issue I have ever encountered and it actually went away a little while after I posted that thread and hasn't come up since.

I also do not have the rain sensing wipers.
fclensy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
LordEnki
2006 WK 

I have the same issue. Turn on and stops almost immediately. Doesn't happen every time though. I have rain sensing wipers, but, the module is disconnected and the feature is disabled also. The wiper stutter still occurs.
245/65R17 BFG Rugged Trail T/A
LordEnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #8
JRLT
2010 WK 

This may sound dumb but it reminds me of the blower motor resistor symptom; works only at full blast.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
gradeigh1
2005 WK 

I have the same issue. It is only on my first click. I do not have rain sensing wipers and it is on intermittent. Also it could happen while on. It will wipe normal for a few cycles then shudder and move an inch. The next cycle its fine.
gradeigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
Manta
2005 WK 

mine does the same thing too let us know if you find a fix
Manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
JRLT
2010 WK 

Sounds like the solution is the wiper switch stick.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.