water leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > water leak

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
DoneDeere
2004 XJ Cherokee 

water leak

I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee that is leaking water into the rear compartment. The seals on the hatch and windows all seam like they are sealing ok but water keeps coming in and soaking the carpet. I had about 2 inches of water in the wheel well area. Where can this be coming from?
Thanks, DoneDeere

DoneDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
PropDr
2006 WK 

Sunroof, yes or no?
06 WK 5.7, No Badges,Gibson CatBack, BWoody CAI, Eibach Springs & upper Ball Joints; F/R ADDCO Bars w/BWoody links; SRT8 Bilsteins; SRT8 Wheels w/ F: 275/50/20, R: 305/20/45 Tires; Passport SRX; 6 Bosch HID's; SRT8 Engine Covers w/ 5.7L badge: Kicker Sys.
PropDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 05:23 AM   #3
DoneDeere
2004 XJ Cherokee 

Yes I do have a sunroof. It looks like the glass is sealing but hard to tell the way it retracts when operating. Thanks
Unread 02-14-2008, 06:00 AM   #4
07WKLtd
2007 WK 

On of the most common causes of leaks is if the sunroof drains are clogged.
07WKLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
DoneDeere
2004 XJ Cherokee 

OK, I will check the drains in the sunroof. Are they visable when I open the sunroof, and where are they, sides or rear of the glass? Thanks.
Unread 02-22-2008, 06:53 AM   #6
Jammer73
2000 WJ 

Is it in the spare tire area? If so I've got the same leak. I tested it by pouring water on the roof. It was definately coming in around the botom edges for the rear hatch seal. It could see it trickling in about 5 inches each side of the bottom centre of the seal The problem is the hatch seal looks brand new. I have put some silicone sealant where I thought it would help, until I can find somewhere to buy a replacement seal, that wont break the bank.
Jammer73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.