Wanting to Upgrade the New Grand Cherokee - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 Old 03-20-2017, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
hockeyref18

Quote:
Originally Posted by keggles View Post
If you are going for that then some of the below stuff isn't the right fit. The 5.7 is close to the SRT and parts apply as far as performance goes. As always, budget is your enemy.

Superchips Tuner

Sonnax Tranny Line Booster

Exhaust

CAI

Those are your basic, you can get really involved in trying to fix it up. Some search high and low for SRT headers which are less restrictive to put on, but require some work to get them in. MSD coil packs some say are expensive for the benefit, but may allow for a more efficient plug.

I would love to make it an off roader but I would also like a reliable everyday driver. Is there anyway I can make it an off road rig and still an efficient daily driver?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 03-20-2017, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
hockeyref18

Quote:
If you are going for that then some of the below stuff isn't the right fit. The 5.7 is close to the SRT and parts apply as far as performance goes. As always, budget is your enemy.

Superchips Tuner

Sonnax Tranny Line Booster

Exhaust

CAI

Those are your basic, you can get really involved in trying to fix it up. Some search high and low for SRT headers which are less restrictive to put on, but require some work to get them in. MSD coil packs some say are expensive for the benefit, but may allow for a more efficient plug.

Another quick question. How easy would it be for me to put a Bluetooth single DIN stereo in? That is definitely high on my priority list.
post #18 of 21 Old 03-20-2017, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
hockeyref18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeJayGe View Post
They are gorgeous cars

I love how she is driving. Great car with an even better engine.

post #19 of 21 Old 03-20-2017, 01:03 PM
keggles

2008 WK 

Mine has to be that in the middle ground build, as was my 4.7WK. I have an 08WK Hemi that is my DD and I put about 90 miles per day on it for work. I had Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT245/75/17 on the old one with the WK Ronin II wheels, I picked up the JK 17" wheels a while back for the new one and will put the same tires on. Any lift you do will knock some MPG's off. If you just want to do some small trails and what not then a small lift, better tires, and a few other items will get you by, just remember once you start tooling with it the more you'll get the "Jeep Experience"

You should be able to get a good media head unit with everything you are looking for on Crutchfield.

I'm a nut, but not just a nut.
08 WK 5.7 Hemi 4x4
06 WK 4.7 - RIP
Silver WK Club #63
post #20 of 21 Old 03-22-2017, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
hockeyref18

Quote:
Mine has to be that in the middle ground build, as was my 4.7WK. I have an 08WK Hemi that is my DD and I put about 90 miles per day on it for work. I had Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT245/75/17 on the old one with the WK Ronin II wheels, I picked up the JK 17" wheels a while back for the new one and will put the same tires on. Any lift you do will knock some MPG's off. If you just want to do some small trails and what not then a small lift, better tires, and a few other items will get you by, just remember once you start tooling with it the more you'll get the "Jeep Experience"

You should be able to get a good media head unit with everything you are looking for on Crutchfield.

Well I will be requiring new brakes, tires, and shocks and struts. Really hoping to have up the money for a lift!
post #21 of 21 Old 03-22-2017, 11:43 AM
keggles

2008 WK 

I can tell you for a good price on the shocks and struts stuff talk to Kolak on here, good prices and great to deal with, OME kits are a solid set for WK's. For brakes I use RockAuto, Powerstop makes a pretty nice kit, z23 or z26. One thing to keep in mind is if you need new calipers/rotors/pads and whether to get slotted/drilled or smooth. Slotted/drilled aren't a good idea for any offroading. Don't get heavy duty or fleet for a DD or toy. Tires depends on your requirements/needs I use TireBuyer and have had no issues.

I'm a nut, but not just a nut.
08 WK 5.7 Hemi 4x4
06 WK 4.7 - RIP
Silver WK Club #63

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.