Wanted to say hello, and introduce my new ride/build Blue22 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Wanted to say hello, and introduce my new ride/build Blue22

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #46
cobosoxfan

Finally had time to look at my setup and determined that the 245's were just not enough tire (well, more like I was itching to get new rubber). I broke down and had 265/70R17's installed. Loved the Hankook ATM's on other vehicles I've had and the price was great. Best part, I sold the old tires the same day I installed the new ones for $300.

Nothing spectacular and there are hundreds of Jeeps with the same look, but hey, it's where I want it to be for now.

Anyway, here are the pics I promised:

newliftandhankooks1_zps653910ec.jpg

newliftandhankooks2_zps2c93c08b.jpg

newliftandhankooks3_zps24b746de.jpg

cobosoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #47
cobosoxfan

I've only put a few hundred miles on the lift and I am very pleased. The combo of the OME HD up front and the MD out back is outstanding. I don't plan on doing any towing so no need for anything that stiff in the back. I did load about 700 lbs of tile in the back last weekend and it barely squatted. Adding the Hankook ATM's this weekend gave it the perfect stance. Had a couple of guys make positive comments about the look already. It drives great, I love the look and that is what really counts at the end of the day.

I'll be hunting the next few weekends so I'll get the test it out extensively. Not sure about future mods... but up next, Rola Rack.
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #48
origin
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboy View Post
Customer Key Programming
You can program new keys to the system if you have two
valid keys by doing the following:
1. Cut the additional Sentry Key Transponder blank(s) to
match the ignition switch lock cylinder key code.
2. Insert the first valid key into the ignition switch and
turn the ignition switch ON for at least 3 seconds but no
longer than 15 seconds. Turn the ignition switch OFF and
remove the first key.
3. Insert the second valid key and turn the ignition
switch ON within 15 seconds. After ten seconds, a chime
will sound and the SKIS indicator light will begin to
flash. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the
second key.
4.Insert a blank Sentry Key into the ignition switch and
turn the ignition switch ON within 60 seconds. After 10
seconds, a single chime will sound. The SKIS indicator
light will stop flashing, turn on for 3 seconds; then turn off.
The new Sentry Key has been programmed. Repeat this
process to program up to a total of 8 keys.

Is there a way to do this if I only have one key? My WK came with an extra dodge fob, the key isn't the right shape but the fob is exactly the same. I'm hoping to avoid shelling out at the dealership.
origin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #49
origin
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobosoxfan View Post
I've only put a few hundred miles on the lift and I am very pleased. The combo of the OME HD up front and the MD out back is outstanding. I don't plan on doing any towing so no need for anything that stiff in the back. I did load about 700 lbs of tile in the back last weekend and it barely squatted. Adding the Hankook ATM's this weekend gave it the perfect stance. Had a couple of guys make positive comments about the look already. It drives great, I love the look and that is what really counts at the end of the day.

I'll be hunting the next few weekends so I'll get the test it out extensively. Not sure about future mods... but up next, Rola Rack.
That sounds great. I'm enjoying reading your build. Have an 09 WK myself and I also love forums, so much great knowledge. Particularly because I'm not very mechanical. The hardest thing I've ever done is replaced my starter & alternator (thanks youtube) but I like the satisfaction of putting it all together.

You said something about replacing your sway & bushings before the lift. Why is that necessary? I know my shocks need to be replaced before I lift, but how do I know if I need to swap out the others?
origin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #50
cobosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by origin View Post
That sounds great. I'm enjoying reading your build. Have an 09 WK myself and I also love forums, so much great knowledge. Particularly because I'm not very mechanical. The hardest thing I've ever done is replaced my starter & alternator (thanks youtube) but I like the satisfaction of putting it all together.

You said something about replacing your sway & bushings before the lift. Why is that necessary? I know my shocks need to be replaced before I lift, but how do I know if I need to swap out the others?
Thanks, I'm never satisfied with stock, and I always lift my 4wheel drives for the Colorado Mtns. As far as the sway bar bushings, and end links; I replaced the end links as they would not rotate, and the bushings that hold the bar to the frame were all squished out the sides. You always want a solid but flexible system. Now it feels glued to the road. Good luck with your build.
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #51
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by origin View Post
Is there a way to do this if I only have one key? My WK came with an extra dodge fob, the key isn't the right shape but the fob is exactly the same. I'm hoping to avoid shelling out at the dealership.
You MUST have two already programmed transponder keys available to program additional keys yourself. Secondly, if the fob your talking about is programmed into another vehicle, it can not be programmed to your vehicle without being "unlocked" (like most on eBay).

Call local locksmiths for pricing as well, most can program these keys, not just dealers.
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #52
nocojeep
2006 WK 

Quote:
Finally had time to look at my setup and determined that the 245's were just not enough tire (well, more like I was itching to get new rubber). I broke down and had 265/70R17's installed. Loved the Hankook ATM's on other vehicles I've had and the price was great. Best part, I sold the old tires the same day I installed the new ones for $300.

Nothing spectacular and there are hundreds of Jeeps with the same look, but hey, it's where I want it to be for now.

Anyway, here are the pics I promised:
Are these pics from Daniels Park? Looks kind of familiar...
nocojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #53
cobosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocojeep View Post
Are these pics from Daniels Park? Looks kind of familiar...
Good eye my friend, just north of Castle Pines.
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #54
nocojeep
2006 WK 

Quote:
Good eye my friend, just north of Castle Pines.
I went to high school in Highlands Ranch and spent a lot of time at Daniels Park before they really graded the road and made it smoother and not as fun. I live up in Loveland now but am moving back down there in January
nocojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #55
cobosoxfan

Heading up to the mountains to go bow hunting this weekend. I'm stoked to see how the new setup performs on the trails. I'll see what I can do about taking some pictures.
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #56
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

The setup looks great! It may look like a lot of others on here, but how often do you really see another lifted WK driving around? Not very often so it's still unique and stands out! Good luck with the hunt!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #57
longboy
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
The setup looks great! It may look like a lot of others on here, but how often do you really see another lifted WK driving around? Not very often so it's still unique and stands out! Good luck with the hunt!
Well said! I see lifted Jeeps and Toyotas all the time out here, but very rarely lifted WKs. I just got 265/65/17s on my WK and the 2" BB is next. Just gotta find a day off from work to install-
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #58
cobosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
That's true sir. Well put. I have not seen another Blue WK in my area, and lifted at that. One of the members lives nearby if not in my neighborhood, Ive seen his silver WK around. I have had quite a few people comment that it looks just right as well. I'm happy
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #59
cobosoxfan

Was able to play around up in the mountains this weekend, for some bow hunting. Unfortunately, it flipping poured rain all day, and there are a bunch of people in a bad way with the flooding around the front range.

All the tragedy aside, the GC performed flawlessly. Back country trails, mud, slippery rocks... No problem. So impressed with the OME setup and the Hankooks. To wet to get pictures, but I'm back up on Friday to the same area so I should be able to flex it out and snap some pics.
Unread 10-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #60
cobosoxfan

I did make it up to the mountains for another weekend hunt, and again the GC performed beyond my expectations. I do have a fairly consistent rattle (I am almost positive its caused by the remanufactured calipers and pads. I can't stand front end rattles, so I'm heading over to the Jeep dealership to pick up two new front calipers and pads to go with them.

I did finally change out the spark plugs and found that all were pretty bad (all over .6 gap) and the plug at the back passenger side had almost certainly never been changed; with a .8 gap.

I also cleaned out the throttle body really well. I did not expect that much crud behind the butterfly. It was so bad that when I manually rotated the spring to open it up, it stuck for just an instant before it flipped open. Had to have been why there was a lag in response to the go go pedal.

I did this on Sunday, and only had time to do a quick test drive to make sure it was running well, and then off to the airport. Its like being 13 and asking a girl to kiss you, then having to wait a week until she follows through. Its killing me not to be able to drive it.

Next up for Friday when I get home... Trans pan dump, replace filter, and new fluid. I know that it's only like 1/3 of the fluid, but I am hoping to get smoother shifts out of it when done.

I have a 280 mile round trip planned to Wyoming on Saturday/Sunday, so Ill get to see how a small bit of maintenance pays off.

Up next will be recovery rings, OEM tow receiver, Rola Rack and??? Winter is coming fast to the high country so recovery rings and tow package are high priority as I think it will be a heavy winter snow fall.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.