Wanted to say hello, and introduce my new ride/build Blue22 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Wanted to say hello, and introduce my new ride/build Blue22

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #31
cobosoxfan

Oh and on the gas mileage thing from earlier... I was able to average 22.5 back and forth to the airport for four consecutive weeks. Not a fluke.

I do have a significant drop in mileage around town, which makes no sense. I have been getting 15-16 in the city. Not a big deal as I only put about 200 miles on it a week, so really not complaining. Just more of a "note to self" to look into the performance.

I'll be doing a full fluids and tune-up the week I put the lift on it. I also have a brake caliper that is rattling something fierce so I will take care of everything at once.

cobosoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #32
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobosoxfan View Post
going with 265/70/17's but now the real question... I loved the Hankooks on the 4runner, but I have read good things about the Cooper Disc AT/3's
I have done just over 20,000 Klm's on my Cooper AT3's and have found them excellent.
Quiet on road, great grip in the wet & very capable off road in mud etc......for an AT tyre.

Cheers, Craig
Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #33
cobosoxfan

Just got home from a week on the road and my GC is going nuts. The alarm started beeping as soon as the shuttle dropped me off. I would push the button to unlock the doors and it would lock itself again as if I had pushed the lock button on the Key Fob. Over and over, I finally just put the key in the lock to manually unlock the door and the alarm went off. It shut off as soon as I started it, but now each time I walk away, it will beep over and over every few seconds until I am out of range I guess.

So it looks like I have to buy another key fob, have it cut and try to do the "home" program three key swap. This is such a bummer as I have so many things to do with this Jeep. Now I'll have to hold off on the tires for another few weeks.
Unread 07-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #34
cobosoxfan

Just got back from the Dealership $140 poorer! Fricken crooks. They cut me a key but said if I come back to have it programmed it would be $100. I followed the instructions on how to program a new key and it worked like a charm.

Funny thing is, I told them about how to do it and their "Head Mechanic" said he has been working on Jeeps for 20 years and he could assure me that there is no way program a key without a programmer. What a jerk...

GOD I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #35
cobosoxfan

I finally found time to install my OME lift this weekend. Lucky timing! When I pulled the radiator overflow off to get to the strut nuts, I found that all four had about 2-4 threads holding each. I was able to hand turn all four off in a matter of seconds!! Close call. Also, the drivers side had two nuts that were about to come off, the struts were completely shot, and the sway bar links were completely seized on both sides. I checked for play in the upper and lower ball joints and they felt really good. I inspected all the bolts associated with the front suspension and everything else was nice and snug.

The front suspension took all of about 4 hours to complete, not counting the time it took a local shop to have me wait 2 hours to finally spend 15minutes pulling the caps and putting together the OME struts. Of course they had to charge the full hour of $120 to do it.

The rears were a piece of cake and that total job was completed in about an hour. All in all, I would say that I spent 5 hours working on it.

What a difference though!! I got the HD for the front and the MD for the rear. It rides like a dream now, corners like its on rails, can hardly feel the speed bumps or pot holes Denver is famous for. Highly recommend the lift.

Next on the list is the 265 Hankooks, and I will be done with mods for the winter.
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #36
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Awesome man! It's always difficult to describe how incredible the OME lift handles without actually experiencing it first hand. Great choice

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #37
cobosoxfan

Thanks. It truly is a different vehicle with the lift. I'm sure as soon as I replace the sway bar links and bushings front and rear, it will feel even better if that's possible. For now, its tight, solid, doesn't ride like wild horse, and this is all before an alignment. (waiting to get the tires on Saturday before I take the time to align it)
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #38
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Come to Boulder and ill show you what these jeeps can do.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #39
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Just got back from the Dealership $140 poorer! Fricken crooks. They cut me a key but said if I come back to have it programmed it would be $100. I followed the instructions on how to program a new key and it worked like a charm.

Funny thing is, I told them about how to do it and their "Head Mechanic" said he has been working on Jeeps for 20 years and he could assure me that there is no way program a key without a programmer. What a jerk...

GOD I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interesting. Could you elaborate on this how to program a new key trick for me? Like a link to the instructions please? Lol
jeremymayflower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #40
longboy
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymayflower View Post
Interesting. Could you elaborate on this how to program a new key trick for me? Like a link to the instructions please? Lol
Customer Key Programming
You can program new keys to the system if you have two
valid keys by doing the following:
1. Cut the additional Sentry Key Transponder blank(s) to
match the ignition switch lock cylinder key code.
2. Insert the first valid key into the ignition switch and
turn the ignition switch ON for at least 3 seconds but no
longer than 15 seconds. Turn the ignition switch OFF and
remove the first key.
3. Insert the second valid key and turn the ignition
switch ON within 15 seconds. After ten seconds, a chime
will sound and the SKIS indicator light will begin to
flash. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the
second key.
4.Insert a blank Sentry Key into the ignition switch and
turn the ignition switch ON within 60 seconds. After 10
seconds, a single chime will sound. The SKIS indicator
light will stop flashing, turn on for 3 seconds; then turn off.
The new Sentry Key has been programmed. Repeat this
process to program up to a total of 8 keys.
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #41
cobosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4TCHET View Post
Come to Boulder and ill show you what these jeeps can do.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
It will have to be after hunting season, but I'd love to run up to the Boulder area. I used to live in Louisville, and would wheel up around Red Feathers.
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #42
cobosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboy View Post
Customer Key Programming
You can program new keys to the system if you have two
valid keys by doing the following:
1. Cut the additional Sentry Key Transponder blank(s) to
match the ignition switch lock cylinder key code.
2. Insert the first valid key into the ignition switch and
turn the ignition switch ON for at least 3 seconds but no
longer than 15 seconds. Turn the ignition switch OFF and
remove the first key.
3. Insert the second valid key and turn the ignition
switch ON within 15 seconds. After ten seconds, a chime
will sound and the SKIS indicator light will begin to
flash. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the
second key.
4.Insert a blank Sentry Key into the ignition switch and
turn the ignition switch ON within 60 seconds. After 10
seconds, a single chime will sound. The SKIS indicator
light will stop flashing, turn on for 3 seconds; then turn off.
The new Sentry Key has been programmed. Repeat this
process to program up to a total of 8 keys.
This is the process I used. Very easy to do
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #43
cobosoxfan

I found a new set of Bridgestone AT Revo's 265's for a good deal and will be installing them this weekend. I will post pics this weekend (before/after). I might also have a line on a low profile roof basket (Rolla Rack) that I'm going to trade for smaller painting I did. I'll know more this weekend. Eventually, I may have a rig that comes close to all the sweet rides we have on this forum.
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #44
jeremymayflower
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

This is the process I used. Very easy to do
Hey thanks! Don't suppose anyone has a trick to program the remote door unlocker/opener lol
jeremymayflower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #45
cobosoxfan

Busy weekend and I just did not have time to take pics. I will post some this weekend. I also passed on the Revo's. I saw someone in my area with a silver GC, OME lift and 265 Hankooks and I really like the way it looked. So I put in an order for spacers and should have the tires and spacers installed this weekend!? I'll post the before/after pics. Now I just need a Rola rack and Ill have the look I'm after.

Over the winter I plan on picking up a hand held portable cb or dual band radio for the back country trips, adding a custom tool box to the storage compartment, adding lights to the rola rack, as well as installing a tow hitch and hooks on the corners. If I can find time before it gets cold, I plan on painting the wheels as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.