Wanted to say hello, and introduce my new ride/build Blue22 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Wanted to say hello, and introduce my new ride/build Blue22

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 05-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #16
longboy
2006 WK 

Looking forward to your build, similar to what I have planned for my 2006-

Unread 05-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #17
Jaashua
2005 WK 

I love wk's in that color. I often wish I had searched a little more.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Hey let me know when you come to Colorado, we should meet up

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #19
cobosoxfan

Well, I ended up replacing all the brake pads as the pieces of junk they installed squealed so bad it was embarrassing. While doing that, I took a much closer look and inspected the entire truck. Sucks, but I have to now replace front struts, and rear shocks as they are simply too week to provide any help to the stock springs.

So now the dilemma... With limited funds for another month or so, I am now contemplating on returning the RC lift, getting OME MD springs on all corners and doing Bilsteins (I have a friend that can help me with a nice discount), and then waiting on tires. It will look goofy as hell sitting up so high with 245's but I can live with it.

I basically travel during the week, and have weekends to play, so I may just hold out for another month and do it all at the same time. Ohhhh, the mental anguish...
cobosoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #20
bwiggins1985

I know what you mean lol. Just did the exhaust and intake. Now I have to wait a little while for my lift lol. Need to save up a bit. Jeep looks good bud. Looking forward to your build!
bwiggins1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #21
cobosoxfan

So I ran around town to return the lift and spacers, as I needed the extra cash for the struts and shocks, but had a nice surprise in doing so. Most of the drive was highway, (though anyone that knows the I-225 corridor knows its just slow moving traffic), and just before I left I filled up and hit reset on the MPG average. I was shocked to see that from south metro, all the way over to I-70 and back, with a little side street driving mixed in (about 60 miles round trip), I averaged 24 MPG!!! Awesome as far as I'm concerned...
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #22
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Well that seems off. ..

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Unread 05-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #23
cobosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua View Post
Well that seems off. ..

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Not sure how it could be off?? It has the 245's standard tires and only 87 octane fuel. Around town driving it has averaged about 15.5. More seat time will tell I suppose; but I'll take it regardless, the fuel gauge barely moved.

Now... on to the final build plans based upon the info from awesome builds you guys have put together:

I'm going to do the Rough Country lift, Bilstein HD strut/shocks, Rough Country spacers 1.5", Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17's on the Orbitek's (would love the new rubicon rims but $$ is the issue), Rola Basket, 4xGuard skid, front and rear tow D's, and add an OEM Tow hitch.

Won't be doing any technical wheeling, just the occasional "hard" trail for camping, hunting, fishing in the mountains, and will be towing a light trailer with the ATV's. I'm psyched to get it going, but with out of town work travel starting Sunday for a couple of weeks, I'll just start getting the dollars together, so I can get it all done in one shot.
Unread 05-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #24
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Well I drive the exact same vehicle with qt2 and never break 20mpg. In fact I think the only wk that does that is the diesel. I mean good for you if it truly is but those guages are usually off. I mean mine is constantly telling me I'm getting about 11 and if that were the case I wouldn't be driving anywhere.
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #25
cobosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua View Post
Well I drive the exact same vehicle with qt2 and never break 20mpg. In fact I think the only wk that does that is the diesel. I mean good for you if it truly is but those guages are usually off. I mean mine is constantly telling me I'm getting about 11 and if that were the case I wouldn't be driving anywhere.
Strange right? Things I have done so far that may have helped is to add SeaFoam to the tank (into a 1/4 tank from the PO). Then cleaned out the throttle body, new K&N drop in intake filter, new PCV, and oil change with Royal Purple, and now has its first full tank of gas under my ownership. I also checked the parking brake to make sure it was not dragging when I did the rear brakes (thank you JeepForum peeps for that tip).

Full tune up with plugs along with Transmission and Diffs serviced at 101K along with the transfer cases. So I have some time before that will need to be done. (has 106K now) The 4.7L far smoother and has more power than my 1996 5.2L Grand Cherokee ever did, and I can't be happier.

Anyway, I travel for work every week now, so I'll only be putting miles on driving back and forth to the airport about (70 miles), and puttzing around on weekends. I suppose gas mileage is a very small factor in the greater build and fun factor of my new Grand Cherokee.
Unread 05-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #26
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Sounds like a great build plan you got. Cant wait to see it come together!
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:28 PM   #27
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

That does seem a little high, however the dash readout isn't exactly knownfor being accurate. Before I went crazy with my lift and tires I was able to consistentlyhit 21-22mpg on the free way with a well maintained drive train. Granted thatis with the Hemi having MDS activated. The best way to see you MPG is to simplydo it by hand. The Jeep's gauge has never been accurate for me.

Your lift plans sound like they are coming together nicely! What rearBilstein shocks are you getting? Be sure to get ones that extend to at least 26" otherwise your suspension wont be seeing it's full potential.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #28
cobosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
That does seem a little high, however the dash readout isn't exactly knownfor being accurate. Before I went crazy with my lift and tires I was able to consistentlyhit 21-22mpg on the free way with a well maintained drive train. Granted thatis with the Hemi having MDS activated. The best way to see you MPG is to simplydo it by hand. The Jeep's gauge has never been accurate for me.

Your lift plans sound like they are coming together nicely! What rearBilstein shocks are you getting? Be sure to get ones that extend to at least 26" otherwise your suspension wont be seeing it's full potential.
Hey Omelet, love your rig. Thanks for sharing. I have a log book I use at every fill up. Can usually figure out the exact average mileage per gallon after a few tanks. Ran down south tonight, reset the mileage again, but this time it was on hilly highway, and still averaged 20.5 going 75-80 MPH most of the way. (The GC runs so dang smooth)

I appreciate the advice on the rear Billies. You wouldn't happen to have a part number would you? I also added longer/thicker sway bar links for front and rear, and Rocky Road Upper A arms to the list. After seeing some awesome builds and action shots in the forum, I'm a bit shocked at how "twisty" our suspensions can get. Impressive to say the least if done correctly.
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:25 AM   #29
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I haven't personnaly use Bilsteins on this Jeep, so I am not sure about the PN. Send Kolak a PM, he would know for sure.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #30
cobosoxfan

So I've been away for a while as I work out of town every week. Today was a good day though. Some duche that was going to sell me his 2013 Rubicon wheels backed out. But with every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. I found someone selling an OME setup off of Craigslist and I pick it up for $250.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4cba84a6.jpg

It has some miles on it 28K or so, looked like very little wear; and a great deal none the less. I figure I can just do spacers, the OME lift and new 265's for under $1200. I can also sell the new 245's that are on the vehicle for $300+ keeping the entire lift and new tires for under $1000.

The OME kit is HD in the front and MD rear.

Now the big dilemma... should I just jump up to 285's or stick to 265's. I only drive the GC on weekends as I travel all week, so I could care less about gas mileage overall. Not planning on any real serious wheeling, just getting pretty far back in there during weekend camping trips and for the hunting excursions... Opinions? I mean, it is only a 4.7L and I'm not too sure if I will get any real gains out of running that big of a tire, vs. overall performance for a vehicle that will be 80% pavement and dirt road/20% trail.

Either way, I am going with the Dynapro ATMs, as I've had them on other vehicles and they performed awesome for me.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.