want to upgrade my jeep commander - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > want to upgrade my jeep commander

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 10-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
addampilona
2007 XK Commander 

want to upgrade my jeep commander

Hey guys name is addam and im new to the site ive had my jeep for almost a year now and am wanting to upgrade it a little bit. it is an 2007 sport with the 3.7 v6, only thing I have done to it so far was paint my stock rims black to give it some style. I currently wanna get a power chip for it to gain a couple hp but mainly get better mpg. My budget it not super big but I can afford something good. Do u guys have any good recommendations for me??

addampilona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Jason911
2014 WK 

Want a set of rock rails? Brand new in the box Mopar. How about a Mopar roof rack, factory full length? PM if interested.
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
addampilona
2007 XK Commander 

no thank you not that far into my project yet just wanna do little stuff right now
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
addampilona
2007 XK Commander 

so is there any performance chips that you guys would recommend??
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Contact Kolak via PM. I am not to sure of many options for the 3.7L folks but he would be the person to know and have the best pricing for ya!
Unread 10-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by addampilona View Post
so is there any performance chips that you guys would recommend??
The hypertech is the only option for the 3.7L, you can usually find them fairly cheap on eBay or Craigslist, model # 52001 or 52021 (I think) but it is uses for all chrysler vehicles 2004-2011 so they are easy to come by. Just make sure it was returned to stock.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
addampilona
2007 XK Commander 

what about this company? have u ever even heard of this place cause I haven't.....

http://performancechipsnow.com/index...te=common/home
Unread 10-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Never heard of them
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by addampilona
what about this company? have u ever even heard of this place cause I haven't..... http://performancechipsnow.com/index...te=common/home
I've never heard of it but hell for $56 I may try it and see what happens. It says they have a guarantee and if your not satisfied you can get a full refund so it may be worth a try for some better MPG's.
Unread 10-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
addampilona
2007 XK Commander 

yea I mean I read all the reviews and it seems like everyone that bought one likes it and has seen very good performance from it so I might give it a try and if I do ill let u guys now how it does
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Sounds like snake oil. You should get the Hypertech. It's been proven time and time again by REAL forum members. I have it in my KK (also with the 3.7) and I love it.

A lot of time with those cheap "performance chips" all they do is cause your engine to run lean (less power = less fuel = +XX MPGs) until the ECU relearns itself and the benefit (if you can call if that) of the chip is lost. All it becomes is a useless piece of crap in your engine bay.

The Hypertech, on the other hand, is a programmer, that will actually re-map parts of your ECU for increased HP and slight fuel economy by tweaking timing and air/fuel ratio
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #12
caulk04
2008 WK 

That thing is probably just another 'power wire' that fools the computer into thinking the intake air is cooler than it is. Where/how does it install? A quick glance at the site and I didn't see anything specific to the unit.

Skip it.
Unread 10-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #13
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason911 View Post
Want a set of rock rails? Brand new in the box Mopar. How about a Mopar roof rack, factory full length? PM if interested.
mopar rock rails? link to what they look like?
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #14
addampilona
2007 XK Commander 

idk im not much into power gains right now I wanna get my mpg's up as I drive a while for work ill start to worry about power when I start to go out trail driving with my buddies
Unread 11-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #15
addampilona
2007 XK Commander 

hey guys so as u kno I have a 06 base model so v6 no navigation screen and so on. so if I wanna put in a navigation from the factory like the limited ones come with is that even possible. so if I get the replacement in dash unit and the front face for the dash board will it even be possible to connect it all together or would it be too much work to make it function

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.