VLT % For Factory Tinted Glass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > VLT % For Factory Tinted Glass

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 04-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
Haps

VLT % For Factory Tinted Glass

Was just wondering if anyone knows what the VLT % is for the factory tinted glass. Just picked up a 06 GC and want to have the front drivers and passenger windows tinted to match the factory tinted glass on rear passenger windows and back.

And yes I know about the laws. I still want to get it tinted to match.

Haps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
OnlyInARealJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haps
Was just wondering if anyone knows what the VLT % is for the factory tinted glass. Just picked up a 06 GC and want to have the front drivers and passenger windows tinted to match the factory tinted glass on rear passenger windows and back.

20% should match your rear windows tint. That is what everyone has been using on there front windows to match. I think stock is 35% if I'm not mistaking.

Modifications: Magnaflow Exhaust System, K&N 63 Series Intake System, JET Chip Stage Two, Addco Anti-Sway Bars, 4xGuard Front Guard II, 4xGuard Side Steps With Rock Rails, 4xGuard Rear Guard HC, Mopar Front Suspension Skid Plate, Door Entry Guards, Mopar Tail Light Guards, SRT-8 Sports Pedals, Commander Shifter Knob, Two 10" JL Audio W6v2 Subwoofers, JL Audio 500/1 Amp, And Thule Sport Utility Bars With Six Skis or Four Snowboards Clamps And Fairing.

Up Next: Front Window Tint and 4xGuard Belly Guard HC
OnlyInARealJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2007, 12:06 AM   #3
bull_blaster
2005 WK 

Quote:
thats the spirit my friend
bull_blaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2007, 07:21 AM   #4
garsarno

Had the fronts tinted to match the rear on our '07 Limited. No problems with the law. The light coming in from the windshield tends to give a lighter tint to the fronts.
garsarno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
Haps

Quote:
Originally Posted by garsarno
Had the fronts tinted to match the rear on our '07 Limited. No problems with the law. The light coming in from the windshield tends to give a lighter tint to the fronts.
What percent of film did you use and how well does it match up with the factory glass?
Unread 04-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #6
OnlyInARealJeep

Quote:
What percent of film did you use and how well does it match up with the factory glass?
Not to answer for him, but I'd say he got 20%.

Modifications: Magnaflow Exhaust System, K&N 63 Series Intake System, JET Chip Stage Two, Addco Anti-Sway Bars, 4xGuard Front Guard II, 4xGuard Side Steps With Rock Rails, 4xGuard Rear Guard HC, Mopar Front Suspension Skid Plate, Door Entry Guards, Mopar Tail Light Guards, SRT-8 Sports Pedals, Commander Shifter Knob, Two 10" JL Audio W6v2 Subwoofers, JL Audio 500/1 Amp, And Thule Sport Utility Bars With Six Skis or Four Snowboards Clamps And Fairing.

Unread 04-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #7
garsarno

Friend in the biz did for me. I just told him to match the front tint to the back tint windows.
Unread 04-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #8
OnlyInARealJeep

Quote:
Friend in the biz did for me. I just told him to match the front tint to the back tint windows.
Like I said, its probably 20%. Because that would match.

Unread 04-20-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
Troop1

I just had my front windows tinted on an 07. 20% will match
Troop1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:58 PM   #10
jeffe

My dealer did the front windows tint to match the rears. The sun is pretty intense here in El Paso so during the day it's great...but, at night, I think it's a little dark.

Ask your dealer, they will tint them for you.
jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #11
garsarno

My fronts are tinted to match the rear. At night, the navigation screen lights up the interior so that the interior can be seen. I had to reduce the intensity of the screen.
Unread 04-27-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
Haps

Picked it up from the tintshop today. 20% on the fronts. It's raining here today but in the gloom looks like a realy good match. In the bright sun is the true test.
Unread 04-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #13
garsarno

In the sun, the light bleeds in from the windshield so the tint will look a little lless dark but as the evening approcahes, it will look black.
Unread 04-28-2007, 10:09 AM   #14
code4code5
2006 WK 

Quote:
In the sun, the light bleeds in from the windshield so the tint will look a little lless dark but as the evening approcahes, it will look black.
How much should I expect to pay to get the fronts tinted? I've never shopped for tinting before. I'm sure everyone would advise me not to do it myself, right?
code4code5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #15
garsarno

I paid $60 (friend).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.