JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   VLT % For Factory Tinted Glass (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/vlt-factory-tinted-glass-404187/)

Haps 04-19-2007 01:33 PM

VLT % For Factory Tinted Glass

Was just wondering if anyone knows what the VLT % is for the factory tinted glass. Just picked up a 06 GC and want to have the front drivers and passenger windows tinted to match the factory tinted glass on rear passenger windows and back.

And yes I know about the laws. I still want to get it tinted to match.

OnlyInARealJeep 04-19-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haps
Was just wondering if anyone knows what the VLT % is for the factory tinted glass. Just picked up a 06 GC and want to have the front drivers and passenger windows tinted to match the factory tinted glass on rear passenger windows and back.

20% should match your rear windows tint. That is what everyone has been using on there front windows to match. I think stock is 35% if I'm not mistaking.

bull_blaster 04-19-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

:agree: thats the spirit my friend:cheers:

garsarno 04-20-2007 06:21 AM

Had the fronts tinted to match the rear on our '07 Limited. No problems with the law. The light coming in from the windshield tends to give a lighter tint to the fronts.

Haps 04-20-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garsarno
Had the fronts tinted to match the rear on our '07 Limited. No problems with the law. The light coming in from the windshield tends to give a lighter tint to the fronts.

What percent of film did you use and how well does it match up with the factory glass?

OnlyInARealJeep 04-20-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

What percent of film did you use and how well does it match up with the factory glass?

Not to answer for him, but I'd say he got 20%.

garsarno 04-20-2007 04:38 PM

Friend in the biz did for me. I just told him to match the front tint to the back tint windows.

OnlyInARealJeep 04-20-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Friend in the biz did for me. I just told him to match the front tint to the back tint windows.

Like I said, its probably 20%. Because that would match.

Troop1 04-20-2007 07:17 PM

I just had my front windows tinted on an 07. 20% will match

jeffe 04-25-2007 01:58 PM

My dealer did the front windows tint to match the rears. The sun is pretty intense here in El Paso so during the day it's great...but, at night, I think it's a little dark.

Ask your dealer, they will tint them for you.

garsarno 04-26-2007 07:20 AM

My fronts are tinted to match the rear. At night, the navigation screen lights up the interior so that the interior can be seen. I had to reduce the intensity of the screen.

Haps 04-27-2007 03:40 PM

Picked it up from the tintshop today. 20% on the fronts. It's raining here today but in the gloom looks like a realy good match. In the bright sun is the true test.

garsarno 04-27-2007 04:17 PM

In the sun, the light bleeds in from the windshield so the tint will look a little lless dark but as the evening approcahes, it will look black.

code4code5 04-28-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

In the sun, the light bleeds in from the windshield so the tint will look a little lless dark but as the evening approcahes, it will look black.

How much should I expect to pay to get the fronts tinted? I've never shopped for tinting before. I'm sure everyone would advise me not to do it myself, right?

garsarno 04-28-2007 11:19 AM

I paid $60 (friend).

The time now is 03:48 AM.