"Viper" throttle body for 3.7L - Page 5 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 75 Old 08-14-2014, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
ca07wk
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyse7ens View Post

I would still be stuck with the flexible portion of the intake no?

Certain years of the KK's came with a straight through elbow instead of a resonator, I am on the lookout for one of these.

The plan from there is a straight through tube to replace the flexible portion and some silicone couplers to hold it all together, should be much cheaper and just as effective as any of the aftermarket options for $$
You can get the Liberty intake pipe for about $60 from the dealer, but yes you will still have the flexible part. Airaid makes a do it yourself intake tube kit for around $80

Crawl-Offroad.com-Boycott Paved Roads
2006 WK Limited Modified QT2
OME HD/RRO UCA/Wrangler MTRs on Moabs/JKS Rear Discos/Steel Armadillo Skids, Sliders,Front Shackles,Antenna Mount/Crawl Rear Skid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 75 Old 08-14-2014, 02:55 PM
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
You can get the Liberty intake pipe for about $60 from the dealer, but yes you will still have the flexible part. Airaid makes a do it yourself intake tube kit for around $80
Ah yeah the DIY kit... maybe thats the way ill go.

Black WK Club #152
post #63 of 75 Old 08-14-2014, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
ca07wk
2007 WK 

https://www.airaid.com/uploads/UBI%2...ts%20final.pdf

OME HD/RRO UCA/Wrangler MTRs on Moabs/JKS Rear Discos/Steel Armadillo Skids, Sliders,Front Shackles,Antenna Mount/Crawl Rear Skid

post #64 of 75 Old 08-14-2014, 04:21 PM
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

Thanks, best price I am seeing on the UBI is ~$100 (summit/amazon), I definitely like the look.

I could also pick some select sceptre pieces locally instead. I'll probably take a look @ that first, and consider painting the chrome flat black or something.

Black WK Club #152
post #65 of 75 Old 08-14-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
ca07wk
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyse7ens View Post

Thanks, best price I am seeing on the UBI is ~$100 (summit/amazon), I definitely like the look.

I could also pick some select sceptre pieces locally instead. I'll probably take a look @ that first, and consider painting the chrome flat black or something.
Ideally you want to stay away from a metal intake tube, it looks pretty but robs power do to increased air temps

post #66 of 75 Old 08-14-2014, 06:16 PM
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Ideally you want to stay away from a metal intake tube, it looks pretty but robs power do to increased air temps
Ah the voice of reason.

Good call, it does appear that airade offers their intake tubes piecemeal as well. Ill price out individual pieces, and be happier with the look and finish than if i went with a sceptre product I'd imagine.

Black WK Club #152
post #67 of 75 Old 08-26-2015, 06:48 AM
garth285
2007 WK 

Hey guys, have any of you found a good solution to running a stock intake with the larger throttle body? I have an 07 with Drive By Wire and am considering doing the "Viper" throttle body soon but I am just trying to figure out how to couple the throttle body to either the resonator or straight pipe it to the airbox.

I have seen some of the K&N systems for a jeep liberty but that go straight to the throttle body but I'm not sure if a liberty intake would fit in a grand cherokee or not.

Anyone have suggestions?
post #68 of 75 Old 08-26-2015, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
ca07wk
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth285 View Post
Hey guys, have any of you found a good solution to running a stock intake with the larger throttle body? I have an 07 with Drive By Wire and am considering doing the "Viper" throttle body soon but I am just trying to figure out how to couple the throttle body to either the resonator or straight pipe it to the airbox.

I have seen some of the K&N systems for a jeep liberty but that go straight to the throttle body but I'm not sure if a liberty intake would fit in a grand cherokee or not.

Anyone have suggestions?
You can use the Airaid U Build it kit, it'll give you ABS tubing to get from the TB to the intake box.

post #69 of 75 Old 08-26-2015, 07:49 AM
garth285
2007 WK 

Quote:
You can use the Airaid U Build it kit, it'll give you ABS tubing to get from the TB to the intake box.
Not a terrible idea, I see they will sell you just the parts you need to instead of that whole kit. I want to run the stock airbox at first and run it on the dyno to see if there are any improvements and then run it with a "open" intake and see if there's any difference.

I was going to do before and after dyno runs witht he hypertech but I have not had the time to get to the dyno on the weekend. So now what I am thinking about doing is putting the car to stock and then tune it with the hypertech, then swap out throttle bodies with and without hyoertech tunes and then let it free breath to see if adding say a K&N would help at all.
post #70 of 75 Old 08-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Kam08Liberty
2008 KK Liberty 

I am getting a viper 7th for my 08 liberty does anyone know if I can bolt it up directly to stock intake i am not planning to change intake or what couple do I need to bolt it right up to stock intake pipe, also do I use 3.7 7 tb gasket with 4.7 tb or I need one for 4.7? Thanks
post #71 of 75 Old 08-26-2015, 08:58 AM
JRLT
2010 WK 

Injen

2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
post #72 of 75 Old 12-09-2015, 11:48 AM
yem514
2007 WK 

I need a new TB for my Jeep Wk 2007 3.7L DBW.
Are you guys saying I can get a 4.7L TB DBW and just swap them?
Once it is swapped, do I need to bring it to the dealer for some kind of flash?
Will it fit with the stock resonator box thing?
Really appreciate the help.
post #73 of 75 Old 12-09-2015, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
ca07wk
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yem514 View Post
I need a new TB for my Jeep Wk 2007 3.7L DBW.
Are you guys saying I can get a 4.7L TB DBW and just swap them?
Once it is swapped, do I need to bring it to the dealer for some kind of flash?
Will it fit with the stock resonator box thing?
Really appreciate the help.
You'll need a reducer to use the OEM resonator box, but it bolts right in and no flash needed.

post #74 of 75 Old 12-10-2015, 10:12 AM
garth285
2007 WK 

I wouldnt waste money on this mod, it sure as hell didnt help the gas milage
post #75 of 75 Old 12-10-2015, 07:20 PM
yem514
2007 WK 

Ok thx guys good to know. I will keep it stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.