very bad gas miliage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > very bad gas miliage

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
csgbenji

very bad gas miliage

I just bought a 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo Rocky Mountain 4.7L V8 with 98,000 miles. The dealer is saying that it should get 16/17cty and 20/21Hwy. However, I've driven roughly 90 miles combined in the 4 days I've had it and the MPG average indicator says I'm only getting 13.3 right now. That is with 40 highway miles and the rest stop and go city. Should I take it back and have them fix something or is this what I should be expecting, in which case I will be trading it back for something smaller like a patriot. Driving for work I will be filling it about every other day and I cant afford that.

Perplexed

csgbenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Have you hand calculated it? Hit reset on the EVIC?
Unread 07-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
98jgc
2005 WK 

<Delete This one>
98jgc is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.