Valpacer's WH Build Thread (War Machine) - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Valpacer's WH Build Thread (War Machine)

Clayton Off Road WJ Skid Plate TestingIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!

Unread 11-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #91
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
Dave, you ever pick up those Black Rock Yumas?
No, they couldn't get in any in the size and offset. Shelved those plans for now.

Quadratec werent gettting their next shipment till after Christmas.

Dave

2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #92
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
Man Dave, those UCAs are gonna be awesome.
When are you sending them to me?
Haha, Ill do one better. The Currie Johnny joints are off the shelf, just need 3mm machined off each side of the mounting boss, and the other end is a factory bush. Ill give you the tube measurement and then its easy to get a shop to make it up
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Unread 11-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #93
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Those looks nice Dave! I still need to get a set of upper and lowers made. So will the joint have enough room to flex in the mount after they are shaved down?

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #94
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Yep, ill get some photos tomorrow when i put them on. IT will get rid of some of the bind in the rear. Should do the same with the lowers, but i will hold off till the Long arms go in. This was more for correcting the pinion angle.
Unread 11-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #95
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Awesome man! I have spect out some lowers and know what I will use, but haven't done the uppers yet so this is good. I would really love to do the long arm and cantilever idea I have been wanting to try, but for now some new arms with flex joints is all I can do. We will see what I can afford and have time for once I come back from deployment. So is your plan to remover the OEM fuel tank and do a fuel cell under the rear (spare tire location)? What's the capacity you think you can squeeze in there? I have seen some guys fit a 10 gal. aux tank down there without limiting clearance, but it would need to be at least twice that size. I guess since the War Matchine is so tall loosing a few inches under the rear wouldn't be the end of the world

Unread 11-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #96
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Yep, factory fuel tank will be landfill.

LRA tanks down here do a long range 128l tank that fits where the spare was. It only sits as low as the factory subframe rails. So no loss of clearance at al Even with the factory sender and pump unit installed, and an extra thickness lower bash plate it will have over 100l of capacity. THey are going to make a custom one to suit based on their current design. Works out to around 26gal i think!

Actuall ride height will drop from this when the long arms go on as well, but flex will be epic. Hopefully!
Unread 11-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #97
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Sounds awesome!!! You should be able to tuck the tummy for a better break over too!

Unread 11-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #98
Valpacer

2007 WK 

hell Yeah! We have a new trans crossmember in development as well, 1/4" high as opposed to the 2" one that is there now. With integrated skid to mate to the SL skid as well.
Unread 11-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #99
Valpacer

2007 WK 

1.25" JJ, 370mm total length of the arm (without JJ), 46mm OD tube. You could go the next size down JJ as well I reckon, it would still be large enough.
Unread 11-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #100
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks for the info! So how much longer than stock are you running them?

Unread 11-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #101
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Dont know yet! Ran out of time, need to get the driveshaft out to get the fuel tank out to get the passenger arm off. Will have to be one night this week!
Unread 11-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #102
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

That's right! I want some better arms in there, but I'm not looking forward to the instal process.

Unread 11-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #103
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Unread 11-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #104
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Awesome vids and pics....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #105
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Great post, Dave!

----> War Machine

I am not worthy..................

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.