Valpacer's WH Build Thread (War Machine) - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Valpacer's WH Build Thread (War Machine)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #76
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC
Does Murchison offer their products to the US market?

Watching Dave's vids and looking at his pics it looks to be a great line of suspension and other upgrades - could probably have a demand for us Stateside WK folks. :-)
I don't believe they do but I certainly agree that it would be cool to have another option for suspension

2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #77
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut
Such an insane Jeep! Very well done!

I actually somewhat ripped off your drawer design for my own.

Managed to grab this, going to fab a bracket to cover the winch fairlead when its not in use. I figure that an Aussie plate is an appropriate addition to an ARB bumper

Next time I'm down there I think I'll have to hunt you down lol.
Thanks Whiteout, and copy away!!

Next time you will have to use a superior QLD license plate, as that one will fold too easily :-P. Jk!!

Always up for a wheel with some new faces
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #78
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC
Does Murchison offer their products to the US market?

Watching Dave's vids and looking at his pics it looks to be a great line of suspension and other upgrades - could probably have a demand for us Stateside WK folks. :-)
He does, a lot of patriot coils go over, but on most things by the time they hit the US market, the price is a big factor.

A lot if his builds are total custom as well, which isn't easy over the phone!
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Unread 08-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #79
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
I believe they are the Murchison coils that he was running before. Similar to an OME HD coil. Running those with the SL spacer is what gives him the 6.5" lift!
Thumbs Up.

Stu makes a lot of coils that are tweaked to the vehicle specifically, in my case they are longer and thicker than the OME for the extra weight, same with the struts, custom valving to control the rebound.
Unread 08-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #80
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Yes you needed some beefy custom ones with all that extra weight

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #81
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Couple of pics and a vid

Unread 10-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #82
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Very cool! Never seen a slew of TJs, JKs, XJs, and WKs with the WK being the biggest and most capable.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #83
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Very nice Dave! So what was the casualty list the trip?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using JeepForum

Unread 10-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #84
Valpacer

2007 WK 

2 x front drive shafts (both on the transfer end cv's - both cooked till the grease was gone then let go - on the highway!)
2 x rear UCA - all bushes shot
Dropped the rear passenger (tank side!) spring out twice
Mud hole on the first day - ripped the cable off the rear diff solenoid, wheel sensors gave up the ghost, no ELSD all weekend

Apart from that not much

Shes still sitting with the trailer hooked up in the backyard, havent spoken too her since......
Unread 10-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #85
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I wonder why the drive shaft CVs keep going? Now you have me worried! Did you have a whole spare shaft or just a spare CV? I think my next purchase will be a spare CV thanks to you So was it the rubber bushings in the RRO arms that gave out? That was fast!

Good to hear you are punishing her though!!!

Unread 10-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #86
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Had a spare shaft in the trailer, and drove into the city (4 hrs....) to get another spare for the trip home - luckily! Both old shafts are unusable too, destroyed the splines. The Transfer case is getting very hot too, with 35's, the weight and the trailer might have been too much. the angle is worse with the drop kit on the front, will look at doing a cardan front shaft as well to get rid of the cv's.

The front RRO ucas were good, no noise, kept their alignment etc. The rear UCas have died a horrible death, the new adjustable ones still aren't done.

Good news on the front though, bounced it, rammed it, flogged it and it all held together. No noises or vibes from the RCV's, RRO UCA's are still good, and the front driveshaft didnt even look like breaking in low, so on that side its all good. Especially when on Friday the rear wouldnt ELSD at all, so the front was doing all the work (including some air time!) The new limit straps on the front also kept the knuckle off the coils well.
Unread 10-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #87
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Oh nice! I thought you were talking about the front bushing. I kowtow your rears are shot! Any idea what the cost of those arms you are having made would be for me to get a set? So great news about the front holding up! Just too bad about the shaft.

Unread 11-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #88
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Finally got my new Rear UCA's this week. They were suposed to be done before the Jambo in Sept, but no luck.

Adjustable and Johnny Joint upper end.

Unread 11-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #89
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Dave, you ever pick up those Black Rock Yumas?
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #90
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Man Dave, those UCAs are gonna be awesome.
When are you sending them to me?
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.