Valpacer's WH Build Thread (War Machine) - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Valpacer's WH Build Thread (War Machine)

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #61
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ah I see! I also carry spare shafts ever since I moved up to 35s. I figure as long as I have them I will be good, but the first time I forget them I am sure one will break

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 02:57 AM   #62
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Fitted the new rear shocks, Procomp ES9000 32" long. We'll see how the work this weekend. That is the SL shock on the right for comparison.

Also got a set of tyres for the comps, 33" Nitto Muds. For a steal too! If i run the 35's im up against trailered rigs, by running 33's i can stay in the modified class and kick ***!

2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #63
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Oh nice! What wheels are you planning on using for those Nittos? I have heard those are some heavy tires! Any idea on weight?

Unread 07-10-2012, 02:52 AM   #64
Valpacer

2007 WK 

They are going onto the Savegre's, the 35's are coming off and hopefully onto a set of Rock Monsters.

Went wheeling all weekend! Had a great day Saturday, checked out 'Area 51', an area we have been scouting for tracks, found some good ones :-).

Full album here - http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n...cpZZ2QQtppZZ36

Was a great day, started off by dropping the Jeep into a massive rut and laying it over on its side. Only a small dint, and we winched it out. Found some awesome tracks, and only about 10% of the area we have seen, so much more to go!

Broke a CV on the last track of the day, literally sheared the shaft at the start of the inner spline. Took the remnants of 3 broken ones and made up a shaft to go back out Sunday. So I have bitten the bullet and ordered a set of RCV Ultimate cv axles, 3-4 weeks away.

Sundays run was the Murchison Products 'Independents day', nothing but IFS Jeeps through the Glasshouse mountains. 12 Jeeps hit the trails, only had one breakage, a KJ lost a front driveshaft. Did some posing to show some of the WH guys what they could do!

Full Album here - http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n...20GHM%20Jul12/

And here - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3385704&type=1

Hopefully Ill have some vids up soon!
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Unread 07-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #65
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Cool pictures and looks like a fun time....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #66
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Got some goodies today.....

Set of new RCV Ultimate performance CV shafts, lifetime warranty.

Rocky Road Upper arms and balljoints, and a Rustys rear adj trackbar.

Had the Driveline services tech at my house today checking out the flanges on the transfer and diff, hopefully the new rear driveshaft will be ready Monday! Double cardan and 1350 uni's all round
Unread 08-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #67
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Those drive shafts make me tingle all over.....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #68
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

All very awesome upgrades!!! I can't wait for the instal and then your next trail run! You will have to get me the full specs on the drive shaft, I want to get a HD one made here soon.

Unread 08-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #69
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Those cv shafts are VERY nice, Dave! Awesome work - didn't even know they existed for the WK platform. From what I understand the balljoint set-up is the pinnacle of strength. Should serve you very well!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #70
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Some Comparisons.

Thats a generic aftermarket below the RCV's, and a stock shaft under that.

RCV shaft thickness 32.7mm
Aftermarket thickness 27.85mm
Stock Shaft thickness 29.75mm

Weight will have to wait until i can get some batteries for the scales but they are much heavier than the standards of aftermarkets.

And here some real telling details.

Now my angle gauge is plastic and has more welding spatter holes than i care to comment on, but the angles available are a massive difference even if they are off by a couple. The aftermarket shaft at max angle is not entirely correct as it couldn't maintain that angle when turned but the RCV could. I didnt have any complete factory shafts, but from memory they are very similar to the aftermarket ones when i compared them.

Hoping to have them in with everything else next weekend, and then give them a workout on the 1st September!

Dave
Unread 08-19-2012, 04:39 AM   #71
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quick vid from the last run to Glasshouse Mountains. I was being VERY careful as i had laid her over on the drivers side the day before and busted another CV, and the cv in the Jeep here i put together with bits the night before!

Unread 08-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #72
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Such an insane Jeep! Very well done!

I actually somewhat ripped off your drawer design for my own.

Managed to grab this, going to fab a bracket to cover the winch fairlead when its not in use. I figure that an Aussie plate is an appropriate addition to an ARB bumper

Next time I'm down there I think I'll have to hunt you down lol.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #73
geoffh
2005 WK 

What front coil overs are you running? Ive never seen yellow ones like that.
geoffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #74
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I believe they are the Murchison coils that he was running before. Similar to an OME HD coil. Running those with the SL spacer is what gives him the 6.5" lift!

Unread 08-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #75
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Does Murchison offer their products to the US market?

Watching Dave's vids and looking at his pics it looks to be a great line of suspension and other upgrades - could probably have a demand for us Stateside WK folks. :-)

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.