Valpacer's WH Build Thread (War Machine) - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Valpacer's WH Build Thread (War Machine)

UCF Tax Refund Sale - Last One of the Year!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #46
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Also go the new rear springs into the Jeep, they are thick, hand rolled and tapered. Couldnt get the progressive, but these seem to be good so far. Coil free height is 500mm.

We also removed the SL preload plates from the struts and replaced the isolators. Flexed it around a bit, still have to get some limit straps for the front, and some 14" travel rear shocks. Max ext length on the new shocks is around 820-830mm (33")

Lift height has ended up at (hub to fender)

Front - 660mm (26")
Rear - 680mm (27")

By the time i got home and got the kids fed bathed etc it was dark , so ill get some pics tomorrow!

2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #47
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Looks great!! What all did you have to do to the brake lines to accommodate all the added height?
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #48
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Looks awesome Dave! Glad to see the coils worked this time around. I need to get myself some full length ones here soon.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 03:11 AM   #49
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Just the extended SL brackets for now, but it needs some longer lines.

Took it down to one of my wholesalers that have a forklift to check my shock measurements, I have a full 14" of travel available till the spring starts to become loose (max shock length 830mm) so have a couple of options in the 14" range, it will come down to what I can get and what will handle the weight.

If i ever have to get out on the trail and its flexed out, I will need a ladder or a sherpa to get back in

With the Preload plates out and the springs in it drives much nicer than it did before, the height in the front is the same but its not as twitchy with the extra load off the coils. Stu has done well with the rear coils! Now i have to get it dirty!
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Unread 06-21-2012, 04:38 AM   #50
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Couple of craptastic photos from this afternoon (lost the camera, these are phone shots). Have put around 200kms on it to settle the springs.

Now the wait for the shocks, they are 14" travel (830mm extended to 475mm compressed), remote cannister, adjustable shims for valving, 200psi nitrogen charged, 360 deg swivel end. And put the bumpstops in, which worked out to be cutting the SL ones almost in half and then mounting the cups and rubbers.
Unread 06-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #51
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Very nice, Dave! The War Machine looks unstoppable!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #52
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

My god, your rig is a beast!! Cant wait to see some pics of it out on the trails!!
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #53
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

MAN that looks awesome!!!

Unread 06-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #54
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Damn Dave that thing is nuts what are the overall lift and tire specs as it sits
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #55
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WKHEMI View Post
Damn Dave that thing is nuts what are the overall lift and tire specs as it sits
Overall lift came in at 6" front and 7" rear. 35" KM2's for tyres.

And thanks!
Unread 06-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #56
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Finally got the Jeep out and Dirty. We had 23 Jeeps at the Toolbox Day (Brisbane Jeep Club) and then split for the Hard and Easy Run. I went on the Easy run as I dont have my rear shocks, and still need some front limit straps.

Some more pics in the album (all JK, KK Brute etc) (the Brute and the Red JK falling over are on the hard run - Did the northern loop track at Glasshouse which we Reccied 2 months ago - awesome track!)
http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n...e/GHM%20Jun12/

And here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7677943...71512824/show/
Unread 06-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #57
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Very nice Dave! Nothing like taking the easy trails, but the hard lines

So what happened here:

Or was that before the trip?

Unread 06-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #58
Luck06
2006 WK 

Man, I just finally got my saliva supply built back up after drooling all over Omelet's build thread and now I'm all dried up again. Thanks a lot! I absolutely LOVE those bumpers!
- 2" RC lift, 1.5" RC Spacers, 58643 MLL's, !Pinch Weld, Spyder Bull Bar, 130w KC Daylighters, Spyder LED Tails, Taillight Guards, Silverstar ZXE's, Interior LEDs, Kenwood 6" DVD/NAV, 12" Audiobahn Sub
Luck06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #59
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Very nice Dave! Nothing like taking the easy trails, but the hard lines

So what happened here:

Or was that before the trip?
Ah, yeah had to change out the cv, had a split boot. Lucky i carry spare CV's for each side! Was before at the toolbox day. Im even wearing my Ultimate Jeep shirt!
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #60
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck06 View Post
Man, I just finally got my saliva supply built back up after drooling all over Omelet's build thread and now I'm all dried up again. Thanks a lot! I absolutely LOVE those bumpers!
Thanks Mate! They do the job very well.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.