Valpacer's WH Build Thread (War Machine) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Valpacer's WH Build Thread (War Machine)

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 06-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Dave it is about time!!! Glad you found the time to start your build thread. I love watching the transformation. Keep it going

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
The rear cargo and compressor builds are top notch!

And I always imagined the right hand drive rigs having the skinny pedal on the left of the brake pedal...............

Glad to see your rig on the build threads!
Thanks JeepN4KC, was a bit of work but worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick View Post
Fantastic WK dude!! I love your rig, look forward to seeing more!!
Thanks Mate, more will be coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
Very glad to see you posting your build Loving my CRD..
Yeah, i came so close to grabbing a hemi first up, but after checking the diesel out I never looked back

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
Nice to see everything in one build thread...looking good.
Thanks scootr, the good stuff is yet to come
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #18
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Dave it is about time!!! Glad you found the time to start your build thread. I love watching the transformation. Keep it going
All good things come to those who wait Nathan....well thats what us lazy people tell organised people like yourself

More to come tonight!
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Unread 06-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #19
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Well, you already know I love your WK. Happy to see your build thread finally up, bro!
Unread 06-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #20
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Some miscellaneous wheeling pics at that level of modification.....

Short vid from same trip to the Glasshouse Mountains

Hmmm, might need a clean

Unread 06-08-2012, 02:42 AM   #21
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Just after this trip, the first of the Saguaro Gear arrived, and in a bit of a rush, the front was fitted up.

It actually took almost as much time to remove the ARB bar than it did to install the Saguaro. We also found that the dealer hadnt fitted the extra bolts that were supposed to be drilled into the frame, and many of the bolts were the wrong type. Lucky i hadnt used it for offroading hey . Muppets.

The front bar, coming very professionally and carefully packaged.

There she is, all naked.

Loosely bolted up.

Setting it all in place, Stu doing his thing with the Jack.

And there she was, changing the look of the Jeep forever better! Very easy install, excellent instructions and everything needed was in the crate. Well done Jackie Davis!

This was finished the day before heading to Landcruiser Park for a club run. Comment of the run, at the end of Carnage Canyon (overheard from a set of Patrol drivers) 'how the f*(k did he get that up here!'

And some trackside carnage. Coming down Telecom hill, lost a spring.

Unread 06-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #22
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Missed a couple of trips before the Saguaro front bar went on.....

Ripley, only 15 mins from my house, and about to become around 200 house lots very soon. Sad.

Oops. Missed it by that much..!

Mud. Bead. Bugger.

And where it happened.

And a nice little climb. Wasnt my usual partners in crime on this run, and no one else was game to go up it.

Unread 06-08-2012, 02:54 AM   #23
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Another little trip to Glasshouse, had a night run the night before, spent 6 hours winching an XJ up Big Red with a locked up front diff and transfer case.

Match the mountain to the sticker!

Rescued a JK that almost came unstuck.

And picked up some panel damage along the way

Unread 06-08-2012, 03:40 AM   #24
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Couple of shots from the Jeep Appreciation Day. My Jeep was on display at the Murchsion Products Stand, if it had entered would have won the ramp for IFS.

And a mad CJ with custom hydraulic arms and patrol diffs.

Unread 06-08-2012, 03:48 AM   #25
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Then it was time to fit the Saguaro Rear bar with Tyre Carrier. Once again, very well packed, detailed instructions and every thing i needed.

Luckily as I had dome some small (severe) damage to the factory plastic item i didnt have to remove all of the 21 clips that retain it. Just the 4 remaining and the 2 zipties that were keeping it on

Got the side sections bolted up. They sit under the rear frame rails, and the rear section ties these together and to the hitch mount. Can you say strong?

Then once the centre section is bolted up, all the bolts are tightened up. Time to add the swing arm.

And then a tyre :-)

Now we have a protected bum.
Unread 06-08-2012, 03:57 AM   #26
Valpacer

2007 WK 

The old Warn Magnum 9k had done 3 years of work, and with a good deal from Stu on a new Warn 9.5 CTI-s it was time to fit a new winch! The 9.5cti-s has the contactor instead of the solenoid pack, and has the external brake designed for rope use. And looks good as well.

When I was fitting this up i kept getting a whiff of diesel, so though i had better take a look.

Tank dropped, and a nice little ohle in the top of the sender plate.

And about 10kg of mud and sand. Used some epoxy, sealed it up and its still there today!
Unread 06-08-2012, 03:59 AM   #27
terrasmak
2007 WK 

This is an impressive build, much different then the typical USA builds.
Unread 06-08-2012, 04:00 AM   #28
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Picked up a 26" lightbar very cheap off a camping forum. Contains 13 x 10W Cree LED's. Housing machining is a bit agricultural, but it does the job.

Mounted on the rack.

High Beam.

Light bar only.

Yep, she will do just fine!
Unread 06-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #29
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Now on to the really fun stuff.

Had a Superlift kit on order since November of last year. Missed the first container when the forwarder 'forgot' to put it in the right pile, so after another 2 months it was here.

All laid out in Stu's workshop.

And only missing a set of swaybar bushes, which from what i hear is pretty good! Especially as i wont be using the rear sway bar anyway.

Strip down time.

For some reason, even after 2 hours of underbody hosing, dried mud was falling out of every crevice.

Unread 06-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #30
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Luckily the kit I had ordered was one of the first with the new lower control arms and not the drop brackets (even though it took longer to get here :-( ).

Fitted the LCA's, the brackets for the upper rear arms and the track bar.

Carl got under the front and notched the subframe as per the instructions.

Painted the inner side to hold off rust.

And in place.

All welded up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.