Valpacer's WH Build Thread (War Machine) - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Valpacer's WH Build Thread (War Machine)

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #136
Huntndogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valpacer View Post
Thanks Fellas, it was a great weekend away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedlizard72 View Post
Did you ever get a Double Cardan Front driveshaft put on? I saw the picture on page 7 but can't distinguish if its the front or rear shaft.
Was wondering the same thing...?

Huntndogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 02:31 AM   #137
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Yep, running a double cardan front shaft, uses a 9t isuzu truck double cardan mated to a cut down factory shaft. Uses factory lower CV end and slip to the diff and gets rid of the upper CV completely.

Pic of the Double cardan installed.

With the shorter shaft of the CRD the top CV joint (which is the one that fails on most WK's) is past its working angle with the SL front diff drop. This was a pretty easy change, used the factory shaft and grafted the double cardan to it, and machined down the flange to suit the t-case output.
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 06:49 AM   #138
CommanderWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
Valpacer since you are in Australia and actually have true Landcruisers available what is your opinion of the Grand Cherokee versus some of the Land Cruiser, Patrol, Hilux etc...there are website here in America that guys would give there testicles for some of those vehicles...

Would you drive your Grand across Australia? Maybe you have.....

Just curious...
Hope you don't mind me chiming in here, first off, great looking Jeep! You don't even see a lot of modded WJ's where I'm from, let alone WK (WH)!

Regarding cruisers and patrols, we also have loads of them, they are capable off-road and spares etc are freely available, but I would agree that they also have their issues just like any other vehicle. The do however cost about 2x-5x more than a Grand would cost (yes I'm not kidding) When I bought my WJ about 3 years back I paid R80 000 for a 2001 V8 limited 160K km, with all the bells and whistles. The cheapest cruiser I could find was a '89 model with 480K Km on the clock for R130 000, it didn't even have aircon... Modding and accessories for cruisers are basically the same deal.

The hilux is also very popular over here, they are great for over-landing but on a trail it won't keep up with a Grand.

M2CW!
2001 WJ 4.7 V8 Ltd QD. 2" Rough Country BB, TF QD's, Rough Country shocks, BDS Adjustable front UCA's, RC 2.2 steering damper, 245-70R17 Firestone Destination muds/ 245-75R17 Wrangler A/T's on Moab's, Flat Land non-winch steel bumper, rear sway bar removed, Power Brake matched disc and pad set. More to come!
CommanderWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #139
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Dave your Jeep gives my Jeeps wet dreams. Thank you, that is all.
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #140
Huntndogs

Thanks valpacer, if I recall correctly, the front or diff end cv is rebuildable? I am looking to have one made here in Sa Diego for a CRD with vibe issues.
Unread 07-26-2013, 04:48 AM   #141
Valpacer

2007 WK 

2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Unread 07-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #142
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Unread 07-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #143
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Dave those are some awesome pics!!! Someone did some great photography work. Granted with a rig like yours it's probably not too difficult to get a great shot every push of the shutter

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #144
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Unread 07-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #145
CommanderWJ
2001 WJ 

Awesome!
2001 WJ 4.7 V8 Ltd QD. 2" Rough Country BB, TF QD's, Rough Country shocks, BDS Adjustable front UCA's, RC 2.2 steering damper, 245-70R17 Firestone Destination muds/ 245-75R17 Wrangler A/T's on Moab's, Flat Land non-winch steel bumper, rear sway bar removed, Power Brake matched disc and pad set. More to come!
CommanderWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #146
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

I need more hands.. Two thumbs up just doesn't seem like enough.

Great shots, Dave!
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

[QUOTE=bhoch]...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DeansWings]Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.[/QUOTE]
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #147
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Friggin sweet
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #148
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Thanks Guys, yeah it makes it easy when some pro photographers come along!

And here is the First part of the Video, you can see where i munted the slider and sill

Unread 07-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #149
Huntndogs

Cool vid, looks like fun!
Unread 07-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #150
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Great pics Dave...
ca07wk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.