First real mod was the installation of a Rola Vortex XL roof rack.
To keep it lower I fabricated up some rola aluminium crossbars into new side rails, which let me use unistrut fittings to mount the rack direct to the new side rails. Kept it 3" lower.
Attention then turned to the rear cargo area. It was time for a set of roller drawers.
Removed all the factory bits, and made up a new rear floor from 18mm marine ply, covered in marine carpet. To level the floor out (remember the factory base has storage in it) I use some Unistrut to make up some mounts. Lost a little space here, but was worth it for the drawers.
And skip a few steps, here they are. The drawers themselves come from a company that sells full kits as well as pieces, from them i ordered 2 galvanised draw units, 450mm wide x 710mm long x 210mm high, each with 2 sets of rollers. www.offroadsystems.com.au
SO made up out of marine ply (1/2" this time) the drawer fronts, some small pieces for the gap to the side of the cargo area, and the top. The top was hinged in the middle, so it can be removed easily when needed!
This meant i could mount a pair of Deep cycle batteries in one of the drawers, and carry all my usual ear without it getting in the way!
I mounted the compressor and Inverter in the Left hand side beside the drawers, along with the controller for the rear batteries and the rear auxiliary fuse bix.
Right side was more space for tools!
With the compressor mounted, it needed an air tank and some lines. Mounted a 9l tank under the rear, firstly on the outside of the rear subframe (lasted 1 trip before i broke it off) and then in the inner side. I was able to reuse the brackets i made though.
And then inside the Frame.
And then Air outlets front and rear.