used tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > used tires?

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-08-2007, 05:00 AM   #1
tednelson83
1993 ZJ 

used tires?

anyone upgrade their factory wranglers and need to get rid of them? i really need tires bad, but working 3 hours a day and living alone doesnt allow me the cash for them. (one reason i hate school is that im constantly broke) any help would be great, i can some up with shipping, and maybe a little more.

Liberalism stems from the notion that it's entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
tednelson83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
anywaytothetop
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tednelson83
anyone upgrade their factory wranglers and need to get rid of them? i really need tires bad, but working 3 hours a day and living alone doesnt allow me the cash for them. (one reason i hate school is that im constantly broke) any help would be great, i can some up with shipping, and maybe a little more.
Someone step up for xmas time. I gave Discount my tires after 15K when I upgraded and sold my rims on Craigslist. I did not want the used tires taking up space in the garage because I knew they would be hard to sell.
anywaytothetop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

I'm not sure when my build will be completed...how much do you want to spend..ideal cost for you?? I don't hooking anyone up as I've been in the same situation about 4 years ago.
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #4
tednelson83
1993 ZJ 

realisticly, $50 to 100 would be the BEST i could do, and even that may be pushing it.

heres the situation, bought an RR lift back in march when i got the jeep, prior to attending school. never had a chance to instal it until almost a month ago. while instaling it one of my classmates noticed that i had picked up a screw; OK, not normaly a problem to fix i had all the equipment at my disposal to patch it up my self, and i have been trained on how to properly do it, however, unfortunately that screw had entered RIGHT on the edge of the tread where it technicaly becomes sidewall. teacher saw that and wouldnt let me fix it, sidewall damage is unrepairable(safely) and he made me put on my spare before pulling out of the shop, said SUV+blowout=bad stuff can happen. so here i am now, running 3 well worn in H/T tires with maybe 15-25% tread left, and 1 brand new A/T tire with 100% tread, and a "spare" that is unsafe. the part that i am worried about is the wear on the drivetrain caused by the tires rotating at different speeds, which causes the differentials (rear and center) to be constantly turning. this is why on an AWD car they will not let you leave with only 2 tires. being that this is my everyday car, and i cannot afford to buy a new differential, im thinking that used tires are a better deal. people here upgrade their tires all the time, so i figure this would be a good place to ask around.
Liberalism stems from the notion that it's entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

Ted did you try posting in the Wanted section? You may get a better response b/c tires are not WK specific so long as they are 245/75/17 or 235 whichever you prefer. You should also try some local 4x4 clubs' boards. I'm sure there are tons of them out by you. Good luck in your search.

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:13 AM   #6
tednelson83
1993 ZJ 

good idea, didnt think of that, thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.