Upper Control Arms: JBA or RRO? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Upper Control Arms: JBA or RRO?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #16
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

How much do the arms cost from them?

Unread 04-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #17
Pyroman_28
2006 WK 

I sent them a product inquiry for the pricing, I'll let y'all know when I hear back.
Unread 04-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #18
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

They look pretty similar to Omelet's UCA'S.
Unread 04-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #19
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

If you are doing a 2-3" lift do you need these UCA's or can one run the stock UCA?
KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #20
CactusPillow
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569
If you are doing a 2-3" lift do you need these UCA's or can one run the stock UCA?
The stock UCA would work.
05 WK 5.7L Hemi, QDII, 2" RC Spacer Lift, K & N CAI, Billet Catch Can, ARB on board air, Gibson 3" Catback, Superchips 3870 Tuner, Uniden CB w/ 4' Firestik, LED interiors, HIR Lows-Highs-Fogs, Spyder Tail Lights, Tail Light Guards, Debadged, Lowrance Elite-5m Baja Chartplotter
CactusPillow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #21
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusPillow View Post
The stock UCA would work.
Thank you very much....

Does anyone know why these aftermarket UCA's are a pretty penny??

Im in the need of new Balljoints and confused on which to buy. Trying to figure out if it will be worth buying a set of OEM or Aftermarket.

My jeep is only for the snow and for Beach driving. So I dont need crazy suspension like most.
KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2014, 08:20 AM   #22
skibum555
2005 WK 

any word on the cost yet?? those things are monstrous! kinda ugly though... the JBAs look so refined compared to those.
MEMBER #105
skibum555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #23
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

I am kind of doubting those things are going to fit very well. Looks quite big/bulky and would limit up travel and down travel. Mine are close to contacting and not nearly as large. Plus I think mine look better and I use a 1.25" uni ball instead of a 1", aka more misalignment.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2014, 09:01 AM   #24
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnadanzig View Post
I am kind of doubting those things are going to fit very well. Looks quite big/bulky and would limit up travel and down travel. Mine are close to contacting and not nearly as large. Plus I think mine look better and I use a 1.25" uni ball instead of a 1", aka more misalignment.
Those look great, which ones are those?

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
ChiliPepperXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #25
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepperXJ View Post
Those look great, which ones are those?
He built those.
Unread 04-30-2014, 06:06 PM   #26
Pyroman_28
2006 WK 

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know I received a reply (like a week ago, but I just saw it, my bad) from the owner of American-Motorsports and here it is;

"Thank you for your interest in American Motorsports products. The upper control arms are made from .125 4130 chromoly plate that is water jet and cnc bent and fixture welded. The upper arms give you more clearance around the coil. It is a tight fit but it clears. It allows for up to 2-3 inches more wheel travel over stock this all depending on your coilover application. The ball joint is replaced with a more stronger uniball that bolts to the spindle with a tapered sleeve. The unball allows for more degree and less stress when lifting your jeep front end. Minor trimming is required to the stock inner fender wells to allow proper articulation. We us urethane bushings or heim joints to mount the upper control arms. I prefer the heim joints over the urethane bushings because it allows for more adjustment of castor and camber and prevents the lower arm running out of adjustment. All parts are included to bolt on these replacement arms. Cost is 699.99 for the urethane bushing arms and 799.99 for the heim joint arms. Let me know if you have any questions Thank you Brian 760-802-0010"

Little pricey, but they look awfully neat!
Unread 05-01-2014, 05:50 AM   #27
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Those American Motorsport arms were designed for a WK running a stacked lift (OME + Daystar) and push the upper balljoint out further. When running a proper 2-3" lift these vehicles need the upper balljoint to be pulled in closer than stock to get alignment in spec. I wouldn't spend money on those AM arms until someone with a normal lift posts some pics and alignment specs. $.02
Unread 05-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #28
BlackedTheFOut

Okay, so the verdict on this seems to be that JBAs are the best choice.

However, the price difference between JBAs, RROs and stock is pretty substantial. My ball joints are taking on a pretty nice chirp and they need to be replaced. This is a daily driver with a 2" BB and some duratracs.

So my question is: If I just go with stock UCAs will I end up burning through them so fast that I would just be better off getting the JBAs now? Or can I go with stock UCAs and actually get anywhere near regular life out of them? I know the JBAs are preferred but for a truck that spends most of her life as a DD are they really needed?
Black WK Club #115
Blacked Out-RC 2" lift-Billsteins-MB TKOs-265/70R17 Duratracs-pinch weld
BlackedTheFOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #29
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

You'll be fine with stock arms. JBAs are a really nice upgrade but with just a daily driven BB the cost vs benefit for you may not be there.
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #30
BlackedTheFOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18 View Post
You'll be fine with stock arms. JBAs are a really nice upgrade but with just a daily driven BB the cost vs benefit for you may not be there.
Thanks a ton! I'll probably go stock just to get them replaced and then go JBAs in the long run when there is a little more expendable cash floating around.
Black WK Club #115
Blacked Out-RC 2" lift-Billsteins-MB TKOs-265/70R17 Duratracs-pinch weld
BlackedTheFOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.