Upper Control Arms: JBA or RRO? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Upper Control Arms: JBA or RRO?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-19-2014, 03:25 AM   #1
DK2005WK
2005 WK 

Upper Control Arms: JBA or RRO?

Hello,

Can anyone explain the difference between the two? I'm leaning towards RRO UCA's simply because of the price difference. But it doesn't say if it was made to fit stock or lifted WK's? Whereas JBA, has one specifically made for lifted WK's? TIA...

DK2005WK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 06:01 AM   #2
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Both are made for lifted.

JBA arms use XK/WK control arm bushings whereas RRO use KJ bushings.

The JBA arms are made to the correct span (same as OEM arms). The RRO arms take a bit of finesse to install. My first set of RRO arms were about 1/4" less in span than whats pictured below and resulted in the bushings separating and the control arm rubbing on the unibody which made a horrible noise. RRO sent me a replacement set so +1 for customer service; but they still weren't as wide as they should be.

I recommend JBA arms. $.02
Unread 01-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
giulio17

I'm so happy I got jba
giulio17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #4
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

JBA no doubts
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #5
DK2005WK
2005 WK 

Thanks for the input! Looks like I'll save up and go with JBA too.
DK2005WK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
OttawaJeepClub

I couldn't decide either. I ended up with the JBA. well made product and the support after I bought it was excellent.
OttawaJeepClub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #7
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

I have the RRO and I have no issues or complaints. Valpacer also runs RRO UCAs.
ca07wk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #8
christiang26
2009 WK 

I am having problems with my RRO, you can see in the picture that the bushing is coming out and it is making a awful grinding sound
image-521075843.jpg

image-3653519357.jpg

christiang26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:00 AM   #9
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

That was the same problem I had. There were two places where my arms were metal on metal. The first is the bushing separates so the outer metal ring of the bushing that rotates with the arm was actually touching the body and grinding into it.

The other place it was interfering was the arm itself was touching the body; you can see where the paint is worn away in the pictures below.

RRO sent me replacement arms which were wider... you might want to contact them.

Picture with the replacement arms

Unread 01-22-2014, 07:06 AM   #10
christiang26
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18
That was the same problem I had. There were two places where my arms were metal on metal. The first is the bushing separates so the outer metal ring of the bushing that rotates with the arm was actually touching the body and grinding into it. The other place it was interfering was the arm itself was touching the body; you can see where the paint is worn away in the pictures below. RRO sent me replacement arms which were wider... you might want to contact them. Picture with the replacement arms
I talked with them yesterday, and they just said that I need to take them out, put the bushing back in and put some grease to help the squeak
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #11
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

They said that to me at first too until I explained to them the bushing itself was damaged/separating and that the noise was metal on metal, not the squeaking sound of an un-greased bushing.

It took a few E-mails but was eventually contacted by their operations manager. He was surprised to see such a deviation in the arms; probably the reason I had the issue but others haven't, those arms were made via the same process so I ended up with a set that hit the low end of the tolerance. I wouldn't be surprised if they make some adjustments to their fixture to prevent this.

That 1/4" made a huge difference when installing the arms and how the bushings looked after being torqued down.
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #12
christiang26
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18
They said that to me at first too until I explained to them the bushing itself was damaged/separating and that the noise was metal on metal, not the squeaking sound of an un-greased bushing. It took a few E-mails but was eventually contacted by their operations manager. He was surprised to see such a deviation in the arms; probably the reason I had the issue but others haven't, those arms were made via the same process so I ended up with a set that hit the low end of the tolerance. I wouldn't be surprised if they make some adjustments to their fixture to prevent this. That 1/4" made a huge difference when installing the arms and how the bushings looked after being torqued down.
I just send them another email explaining that is a metal on metal grinding noise
Unread 04-18-2014, 04:29 PM   #13
HEMI35
2007 WK 

you got RRO quality

get your money back and instead get these prerunner style UCAS for the WK

http://american-motorsports.net/?pag...suspensionId=6
Unread 04-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #14
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI35 View Post
you got RRO quality

get your money back and instead get these prerunner style UCAS for the WK

http://american-motorsports.net/?pag...suspensionId=6
Those bad boys must cost one their first child!

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
ChiliPepperXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #15
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepperXJ View Post

Those bad boys must cost one their first child!
Those are pretty sweet, and those guys are right down the street. I wonder if they'd be interested in extended movement tie rod ends, upper and lower rear control arm.
ca07wk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.