Unfortunate trip back from MN - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Unfortunate trip back from MN

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 12-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #16
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Sorry to hear about the Jeep but glad you are ok! Most gas stations down here have either black or green for regular gas and either green or yellow for Diesel. I always double check to make sure its the right gas just because of that.

Unread 12-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #17
ducktail
2009 WK 

I popped a deer once in a 96 Acura SLX, a jazzed up Trooper for Acura. Anyway, she made it about 100 yards. Being the good old redneck I am, after dealing with the SCHP, I took the deer home to clean her out and possibly find some good meat. Darn if her insides were not destroyed. It was like soup. What meat wasn't tainted was severely bruised up. I just bagged her and put her in the can.

The SLX was never the same and I traded in on a Jeep. The salesman took the SLX for his college bound daughter. I told him about my issues.
Unread 12-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #18
Clone451
2005 WK 

I did that once with my old diesel nissan (noticed as I had just about filled the tank, that there was a wrong smell). That one had a drainage plug on the tank so I could drain it and then refill with diesel.
Clone451 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #19
MBDiesel
2014 WK 

Hit a deer with a 16' box truck once. Was able to slow to about 25mph from about 45 before I hit it. Not a scratch on the truck...but the deer, not so much. Called WSP to come out and put it out of its misery; it hobbled off into the woods before they arrived.

I've always wondered why most fuel nozzles are sized to protect gasser drivers. Not a whole lot of damage can be done to a gasoline engine that tries to run on diesel; it just won't run and you might have to flush out the injection system. Diesel run on gasoline, WAY different story.
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
ttusqrl
2005 WK 

Guys, you realize the deer portion of this thread is from 4 years ago, right? Looks like it was revived due to regular gas going into a diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 12-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #21
94jeepman
2005 WK 

The gas pumps always shut off on my unless I have the nozzle just right
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #22
diesel88
2008 WK 

Running good now. Damage was $260 Canadian to drop tank flush it out and then fill with diesel. Probably would have cost at least a thousand for stealership to do same thing.
diesel88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #23
TangoTango
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel88 View Post
Hi I have the 3.0 diesel Mercedes engine in my jeep grand cherokee. My wife drove it and when the gas light came on she stopped at a full serve gas station and said she wanted 30 dollars of gas that is $1.29 a litre. She had to go in to pay for the gas and when she came the lady had pumped regular gas in it. My wife was smart enough not to start it. The gas station has a garage and said they will drop the tank and drain and clean it out. Charging me 210 bucks. My question is when I changed the fuel filter there was a knob you can twist to bleed out the air. When the the mechanic cleans and replaces the tank should he crack the knob to run run any regular gas out?
I am really surprised the gas station didn't pick up the bill for that?

Says right on your jeep fuel cap "diesel" plus it's a GREEN Diesel caps right?
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #24
diesel88
2008 WK 

Yes it did have a green cap when I bought it but I put a black locking one on instead. Gonna put little green DIESEL decals on the black locking one.
diesel88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #25
Davis87YJ
1995 ZJ 

I made that mistake almost a year ago to the day, but with a rental Land Cruiser in Iceland. A funny story when we look back on it.

http://jdombstravels.com/biggest-travel-mishap-2012/
Unread 12-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #26
TangoTango
2008 WK 

Interesting ... there really are so many different places in the world.

wow ... I totally missed the $20 airfare deals !!

Did get the $10 Jet blue deals they had about 4 years ago which was cool. $10 anywhere they flew.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.