Under Seat Wires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Under Seat Wires?

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 02-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
chevra
2008 WK 

Under Seat Wires?

In my 08 WK I was looking under the rear seat today and under both sides there are boxes with wires going to them. Hard to get a good look under there because its tight but what are those electrical boxes for? And also why does my wk look like it should have rear heated seats but it doesnt? ha. Or do all wks have the seats with the holes in the middle? Just curious thats all, thanks!

Unread 02-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Jaashua
2005 WK 

The motors for power seats?
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Don't touch those!!!!!! No but seriously, lol. I think one of them also houses some electrical stuff for the transfercase! (Your 4x4)...
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
chevra
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua View Post
The motors for power seats?
Well I dont think the rear seats are powered ha. But ya im not going to touch them, just thought it was an odd place to put them ha. I was looking for my amp at the time that I seen them.
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Oh, I misunderstood. Thought we were talking bucket seats. Yeah I saw that box under my rear and had no idea what it was either.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
BAH101
2008 WK 

Whatever you do, do 'NOT', and I mean 'NOT', cut the blue wire...oh, wait, maybe it was the red...I can't remember now.

The box on the passenger side is the power inverter.
There could be two boxes on the drivers side, the one closest the door is the transfer case control.
Not sure of the other one on the drivers side.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.