Ummm.... A little help please!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Ummm.... A little help please!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
caiati
2006 WK 

Ummm.... A little help please!!

So here's the deal.... As some of you already know, I recently put a 2" RC lift and 1.5" RC spacers on. I put brand new tires on and brought it in for alignment. The tech calls and says that I need to take it to a specialty shop because there is no camber adjustment on the front end and he can't just put spacers in. Also, that because there is no adjustment on the rear track bar, the lift caused the rear end to shift 1.5" to the drivers side.... Is this an inexperienced tech or have a lot of you had to deal with this as well? I'd like to get some advice because I wasn't aware a 2" lift caused this much dilemma with alignment. Thanks in advance!

Unread 10-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
caiati
2006 WK 

Also, I was told that I may have to purchase adjustable ball joints and a track bar bracket?
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
Kallen425
2006 WK 

Sounds like. Crappy place. I have 10,000 miles on my tires after the lift and am having great even wear on the tires. Also yes the rear axle does move towards the drivers side due to the lift but it doesn't really hurt anything besides looking a little goofy. I still haven't bought a new rear track bar and everything is fine. I would take it somewhere else. I had mine aligned at a Tires Plus and it tracks nice and straight.
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
caiati
2006 WK 

Thanks for the heads up... I called the jeep dealer and they said no problem. Should I get an adjustable track bar? What is the cost?
Unread 10-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
Budasac
2005 WK 

It's pretty common it seems for shops be confused by the IFS on these. Seen numerous posts from people with the same response from a "tech". But yes, camber is fully adjustable. And yes, rear trak will be off. No biggie though. There are adjustable track bars out there, I doun't have one. It can't hurt to get one, but again, really a non-issue. It's throw up a little more mud on one side is all.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
Kallen425
2006 WK 

If you have the money go ahead and get the track bar. I could see that if you were going to offroad it, you could have more rubbing on one side vs the other when you flex the rear suspension. For me, I need to spend my money other places right now and will wait on the track bar. I think you can get an adjustable track bar for under $200.
Unread 10-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
caiati
2006 WK 

Ok so I guess I'll pass on the track bar. If it isn't hurting anything, I can care less. Ill just get the front aligned and go on about my business. Seems ridiculous to me that a guy who does tires and alignments for a living doesn't know how to do an 'alignment'! It can't be THAT much different from any other IFS SUV out there.... What a joke!!
Unread 10-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiati View Post
Seems ridiculous to me that a guy who does tires and alignments for a living doesn't know how to do an 'alignment'! It can't be THAT much different from any other IFS SUV out there.... What a joke!!
Exactly how I feel when I see things like this posted. The funny thing is, they can search the internet for about 3 minutes and find directions on how to adjust the camber.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
caiati
2006 WK 

Yeah exactly! No $***!! I did exactly that but I wasn't going to call him back, tell him how to do it and trust him with my alignment. SMFH!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.