UConnect and Radio stopped working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > UConnect and Radio stopped working

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
ekam

UConnect and Radio stopped working

Hey Guys,

I am having trouble with my uConnect device and my Radio. Yesterday I pressed the speak button on the uConnect device, after that the uConnect device would not turn on. MY radio would turn on but the I can not change the volume it's stuck at 0. I have tried the reset for uConnect holding down 2 button and the starting the car. It didn't help. I called Jeep they said go to the dealer and they will do a hard reset by taking out the fuse for the uConnect. Does anyone know where the Fuse box with the uConnect fuse is located. I have a Jepp GC 2007 Laredo.

Thanks

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
Floof
2005 WK 

I'm not sure about the WK, but fuse boxes are usually under the steering wheel/console area. Most of the time they are covered by a black plastic box, so grab a flashlight and take a look.
Floof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
merlinTec

Hi
Fuses are all listed here http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_fuses.htm reset info here http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_0801406.pdf
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 01-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
HurriJeff
2013 WK 

It may not be the best thing to do but I have "RESET" mine twice now by disconnecting the battery. Crude but effective.. <shrug>.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1998 ZJ Special Edition 2wd- Traded
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold
HurriJeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
TheOriginalMdot

The Jeep service bulletin says to remove the Ignition Off-Draw (IOD) fuse for 10 seconds, then replace it. (See merlinTec's post for the fuse info URL.) Turn the ignition on, but do not restart the vehicle. The UConnect system should be reset and work properly.

If this does not work, the bulletin goes on to say the firmware needs to be reloaded from the navigation CD. This appears to require special equipment, so it looks like a job for the dealer. The bulletin indicates there should be a 1/2 hour labor charge.

Good luck.
TheOriginalMdot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.