Uconnect problem-2005 jeep grand cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Uconnect problem-2005 jeep grand cherokee

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 06-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
reddyink
2005 XJ Cherokee 

Uconnect problem-2005 jeep grand cherokee

My UConnect is all of a sudden dead. Doesn't do anything.. no sound.
Everything else (radio/cd) works fine. So far I have tried to fix it by:

1) Pressing both phone/voice button together when ignition is on position and also off position.

2) Remove Ignition draw off fuse (#27) for couple of minutes (10 seconds to 10 minutes) and put it back.

2a) Replaced Ignition draw off fuse at Autozone (even though the person at autozone said fuse is fine)

3) Took out the battery for sometime (couple of hours) and connect it back. All the radio/cd setting are reset but Uconnect doesn't do anything.

4) Pulled out uconnect cables from rear view mirror and put it back to make sure connect is tight.

Appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

Thank you for your time.

reddyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
getoffmyland
2007 JK Wrangler 

Same with mine (with RAR radio, same as RAQ)

So far tried the fuse

Have been searching and there might be a dealer update to be done to fix it
http://www.xkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_xk_0801406.pdf

what radio have you got?
getoffmyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
reddyink
2005 XJ Cherokee 

On the unit it say CD R.D.S

On the window price sticker it says.
Sirius satellite radio RSA
Uconnect Handsfree com RSP
6CD/Full map GPS Nav REC

Thanks for the offer to help!
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

REC is the model of your radio just FYI
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
reddyink
2005 XJ Cherokee 

Tried couple more things but still uconnect not responding. Appreciate any help
Unread 06-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

The U-Connect module is behind the passenger side kick panel. You may want to check mounting and connections.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
getoffmyland
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90grandoneer View Post
The U-Connect module is behind the passenger side kick panel. You may want to check mounting and connections.
I had mine out over the weekend to check it.

All connections were fine. I took the plastic cover off and there didnt look to be anything wrong with the electronics like burned out things.

next time I am taking radio out and checking connections behind there
Unread 06-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

The bezel just pulls off, exposing the radio. Easy to remove. Just be careful. One guy dropped it on the shift lever and broke the screen. After doing that, he recommended putting it in "D" while removing the Nav/radio.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
Unread 06-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #9
HurriJeff
2005 WK 

Mine does this sometimes and I just disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for about 2 minutes and then reconnect it and u-connect starts working again. Thats what has worked for me.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1998 ZJ Special Edition 2wd- Traded
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold
HurriJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #10
reddyink
2005 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90grandoneer View Post
Hello, Where should I find side kick panel for 2005 jeep? On the driver side there is panel under the steering wheel but on the passenger side there is glove box.
There is no panel under the glove box.

thanks for the help!
Unread 07-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #11
getoffmyland
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyink View Post
Hello, Where should I find side kick panel for 2005 jeep? On the driver side there is panel under the steering wheel but on the passenger side there is glove box.
There is no panel under the glove box.

thanks for the help!
its nearer to the floor, you may have to remove the plastic from the door sill first
Unread 07-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #12
reddyink
2005 XJ Cherokee 

All the connections are fine in passenger side kick panel. Still no response at all from Uconnect button. When I press it, it's like dead.

So far I have done:
1) Took out Ignition draw off fuse for few minutes (20 minutes) and put it back several times.
2) Replaced ignition draw off fuse
3) Tried to reset by pressing both Phone/Voice buttons with ignition off position and on positions as mentioned here.
4) Removed the battery connections for 1 hour and put it back.
5) Checked all the connections on passenger side kick panel and driver side under the steering wheel.

Still not able to make it work. Dealer want $160 to check the problem and don't know how much they will charge for the repair.
Now I have VES error, Navigation says can't read the dvd-rom.

Greatly appreciate any suggestion on what I should do next!
Unread 07-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #13
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

Maybe it's time to unplug the harness from the mirror and try to "ring out" the wiring for the U-Connect button. Do you have access to the Factory Service Manual? I think you can find the info. on line. If not, I'll see if I can find something on it.
Unread 07-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #14
reddyink
2005 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you for the reply. I unpluged the harness from mirror 3 times to make sure it's connected properly.
Appreciate if you can provide a link for Factory Service Manual to fix this.

Many thanks
Unread 07-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

I don't know the link to it, but I've heard folks saying there is one. I have the actual CD and a hard copy too. Try a search and in the mean time I'll try to look it up.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.