Uconnect nav gets really hot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Uconnect nav gets really hot

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
JF97
2010 WK 

Uconnect nav gets really hot

I've noticed that when I tough the nav, it is really hot, like touching a black car when it's sunny out. Is this normal?

JF97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
pawwright

Yep - I say it's normal - if I use the nav function it always runs super hot - and the fan for the unit always runs for awhile after I shut the heep off....
pawwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #3
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Hmm... touch it where? Mine is an 07, may be different than yours. I have Uconnect and Nav and rear camera. Nothing ever get hot.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 06:01 AM   #4
pawwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
Hmm... touch it where? Mine is an 07, may be different than yours. I have Uconnect and Nav and rear camera. Nothing ever get hot.
Sorry - in my follow-up I should have mentioned I have a 2008 RER radio........
pawwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #5
jeeptwins
2008 WK 

Hi JF97
We noticed our nav radio on our 08 WK ,with automatic climate control, getting really hot after switching from a/c in the summer to heating in the winter while leaving the control knobs in the Auto setting. We switched to any of the manual heat settings and things cooled down dramatically. Give it a try.
Jeeptwins
jeeptwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 06:32 AM   #6
JF97
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptwins
Hi JF97 We noticed our nav radio on our 08 WK ,with automatic climate control, getting really hot after switching from a/c in the summer to heating in the winter while leaving the control knobs in the Auto setting. We switched to any of the manual heat settings and things cooled down dramatically. Give it a try. Jeeptwins
Ive been using auto heat, so that's probably it. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it.
JF97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #7
jeeptwins
2008 WK 

Hi JF97
Let us know if that also works for you. We are hoping it wasn't just a coincidence that the hot nav radio cooled down when we changed to the manual setting.
Jeeptwins
jeeptwins is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.