Two general questions about my jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Two general questions about my jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
Dougyfresh
2007 WK 

Two general questions about my jeep

I have a 2007 WK 4x4, my first question is this, when I purchased it the previous owner only had one key for it, if I were to go to walmart and have another key made there would that work to start my engine or is there an anti theft chip or something in the original keys? Could a replicated cut key at LEAST unlock my door?
2nd question is, if I take off the little air dam on the bottom of my front bumper to gain a little ground clearance in the front will it noticeably affect my gas mileage? Thanks for your time.

Dougyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Goldenknob
2007 WK 

If you get a key cut at WalMart then only use it to open the doors, it won't start it.

if you remove the lower air dam it should increase your mpg by 1 maybe?
Goldenknob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougyfresh View Post
I have a 2007 WK 4x4, my first question is this, when I purchased it the previous owner only had one key for it, if I were to go to walmart and have another key made there would that work to start my engine or is there an anti theft chip or something in the original keys? Could a replicated cut key at LEAST unlock my door?
This is the full key you will need to unlock and start the car. A standard "Walmart" key will just unlock the doors.http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DP3DGR8/...I1TKH0MJKZ3DBL

Quote:
2nd question is, if I take off the little air dam on the bottom of my front bumper to gain a little ground clearance in the front will it noticeably affect my gas mileage? Thanks for your time.
Yes it will by a surprising margin. Sometimes up to 5 mpg but it's probably more like 2-3.

N23 Recall Victim
IIMacGyverII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 02:28 PM   #4
Dougyfresh
2007 WK 

So when you say it could change by up to 5 mpg you do mean that it could get up to 5mpg less, meaning WORSE gas mileage right?
Dougyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #5
CavallinoRed
2006 WK 

Quote:
So when you say it could change by up to 5 mpg you do mean that it could get up to 5mpg less, meaning WORSE gas mileage right?
You will get a bit better mileage with the lower deflector in place but its real easy to pull off and put back on when needed.
CavallinoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #6
modernblueWK

You will LOSE mpg with it off. Science....
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #7
Shafer57
2006 WK 

You need two keys to program additional keys into your vehicle. If you don't have two keys, then you can either buy one online and take it to a dealer/locksmith for programming, or buy one from a locksmith/dealer and have them program it for you all in one shot.
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.