Twistedlizard72's Build and other Adventures - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Twistedlizard72's Build and other Adventures

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #16
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedlizard72 View Post
That's one of the bikes, my "heavy hitter" Freeride rig. I have another Santa Cruz Super 8 that is built lighter as a DH race bike. Then got a Trek Fuel EX trail bike, that I think is going to be replaced soon with a 29er. I dig the older Downhill bikes because they are cheap! Although, sometimes a challenge to find parts for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogriff15 View Post
Those 2&5's looks sweet man! What say you sell me that fuel ex??? Hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Nice! I was planning on tack welding my rear brackets in place, but I don't want to completely weld them incase I need or want to return it to stock. Also the reason the 285s don't look much bigger is probably because they are only about 1/2" taller than the 255s. Still it does definitely look better!

I'm glad to see another mountain biker around here! I mostly do single track type trails around here with mine, but I love down hill. I currently ride a GT Sanction and I have an old Mountain Cycle San Andeas that I built back in high school.

Also if you are interested, I will be hitting up Pancake Rock down here on the 6th if you are interested in joining?
Looks awesome, love my Duratracs! I have a Trek Fuel EX and I love it too! I just wish we had more trails around here. I mostly have singletrack but it's fun. I went DH riding in CO once and it was amazing. I'm going back there this summer just for the DH and hopefully some offroading!

Unread 03-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #17
twistedlizard72
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
Looks awesome, love my Duratracs! I have a Trek Fuel EX and I love it too! I just wish we had more trails around here. I mostly have singletrack but it's fun. I went DH riding in CO once and it was amazing. I'm going back there this summer just for the DH and hopefully some offroading!
What part of Colorado?

WANTED: Steel Armadillo Sliders/Rock rails.
twistedlizard72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #18
twistedlizard72
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I was planning on tack welding my rear brackets in place, but I don't want to completely weld them incase I need or want to return it to stock.
Return to stock?

On a serious note, I got to talk to the shop guys yesterday as they went through all the nuts and bolts for security and torque. They mentioned that they have had issues in the past with bolted on upper control arm brackets cracking the existing mounts.

Unread 03-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #19
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

I love it here in Colorado, mountain biking and off roading trails galore! have an original Haro sonix that I pretty much converted from a trail bike to an All Mountain bike, and there is something amazing about going up to a ski resort and riding a ski lift up with your bike, then bombing down the trails they have set up.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #20
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedlizard72 View Post
What part of Colorado?
Not sure yet. Last time we were in Granby and that was fun. Not going till August so we still have time to decide. Any suggestions?
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #21
twistedlizard72
2007 WK 

R4TCHET: I miss Colorado something fierce, especially the number of bike parks! California doesn't have quite as many options. Rumors are going around Big Bear will be building a park, but everything is still in review with the Forest Service.

jjt250: Winter Park (Trestle) was always one of my favorites. They have built it up quite a bit since I last rode there. Can't go wrong with Trestle, Sol Vista or Keystone. Just one to throw out there is Angel Fire. It's Northern New Mexico, but has a wicked World Cup course and quite a few new features.

Unread 03-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #22
twistedlizard72
2007 WK 

Got the Pinch weld knocked out this morning. I was hoping to hold off for a while, but the 285's started making their own room in the fender wells. Followed Milton's DIY and it took about an hour per side. Haven't done anything with the liner yet. May have to track down a set from a junkyard to get things looking good.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/m...l#post13436206

Here we go!

Marked out

Cut

Folded

Went a little overboard with the undercoating.

All back together

Also threw in a K&N drop in filter yesterday. Nothing special.

My driveway companions

Unread 04-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #23
twistedlizard72
2007 WK 

Took the Jeep out on a short outing to do a few legit trails......and ended up limping home.

Had a great time, but I think this one is gonna cost me a bit. Sad thing is I had the Transmission rebuilt just 16 months ago. Was running a short steep hill and the Jeep got to hopping, noises were emitted from underneath and then it wouldn't move for a minute. Backing down the initial ledge was MASSIVE pucker factor. I think my butt hole sucked all the planets in the solar system a little bit closer it was so tight!

5 DTC popped up,
P0933: Hydraulic Pressure Sensor Range/Performance.
P0869: Line Pressure High.
P0731: Gear Ratio Error in 1st.
And the usual P1128/P1129 which is Closed Loop Fueling Not Achieved Bank 1 and 2 respectively.

On top of that, The front driveline was rubbing the exhaust and crossmember even with the Superlift supplied cut out. Hoping that replacing the front diff bushing will correct the issue.

Now onto the pictures!!

Here's where it all started. Both my JK buddies tried this line and made it look easy.

Unread 04-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #24
twistedlizard72
2007 WK 

Manny made it with just a little hiccup on the initial approach, but otherwise made it look like butter. Then Jay had a go.

I had to stand up for the Mall Crawlers after that.
Lined up

Video link
http://s71.photobucket.com/user/twis...83fa2.mp4.html

And stuck, just before the backing down pucker suck.
Video link
http://s71.photobucket.com/user/twis...e9642.mp4.html

Then on our way into a gully to have some 2nd Amendment fun.

Unread 04-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #25
jjt250
2007 WK 

Great shots, very jealous of your trails. That sucks about the damages, but glad you got back down the hill okay! After watching that video, looks like a rear locker could have really helped...maybe something in the future?
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #26
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

that WK looks great, man! Nice pics, too! Thanks for sharing!
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #27
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Awesome wk dude. Great work, very clean looking. Def the best looking jeep out of all the ones in your pics.
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #28
paroxysym
2007 WK 

great looking rig dude, nice to see a none blacked out WK every once and awhile.. man that SL is tempting
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #29
twistedlizard72
2007 WK 

Got some good news today. The shop can't find anything wrong with the Trans or T-case. I got a little front driveline rubbing, but they think replacing the forward diff mount will fix that, being that its pretty worn out. They think the trans went into limp mode or a safe mode to save itself from catastrophe.

I've been on a bad luck street lately and this is definitely the best news I've gotten this week.

Unread 04-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #30
paroxysym
2007 WK 

you have them check the fluid? whens the last time you had both filters changed in it?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.