Turing off MDS???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Turing off MDS????

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-04-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
grebesjeep
2005 WK 

Turing off MDS????

Wondering if you guys know of a way to deactivate the MDS or turn it off. I hate the feature, it drives me nuts b/c it makes it impossible to drive smoothly b/c of it turning on an off all the time. Around town you don't really notice but i drive 60 miles a day on the express way everyday.......any thoughts?

grebesjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
grebesjeep
2005 WK 

Rear pillar clunk.........

Do any off you guys get this clunking noise in the rear pillars when going over uneven ground??? Everytime i go in and out of my drive way i get the clunk, it drives me nuts, makes me feel like I'm driving a pile of junk. It seems to do it on both sides......i thought these jeeps were supposed to be solid...
Unread 09-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
konarider94
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grebesjeep View Post
Wondering if you guys know of a way to deactivate the MDS or turn it off. I hate the feature, it drives me nuts b/c it makes it impossible to drive smoothly b/c of it turning on an off all the time. Around town you don't really notice but i drive 60 miles a day on the express way everyday.......any thoughts?
well you can get non mds lifters. but if your doing that you might as well get a sweet cam to go with them.

2005 WK Limited 5.7L
245/75-17 goodyear silent armors
no lift, spacers, or cutting required
konarider94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
suzieque
2008 WK 

I had read that pushing the "tow/haul" button disables MDS. Otherwise you need a tuner like the Superchips to permanently disable.

There are also TSBs related to the MDS, maybe one will help you?

Here is a TSB related to the MDS for the 2009 models that sounds similar to your complaint
http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_1802009.pdf
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
grebesjeep
2005 WK 

is there an option with superchips to disable MDS?
Unread 09-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have a WK, but in my Charger if you drive with AutoStick, MDS is disabled, also can be disabled with a Predator. Do WK's have AutoStick? Can you get a Predator for it?

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
BlueSteelJP
2005 WK 

Yep we have the autostick, I'll check to see if it works on mine. By the way, what is the Predator?
Blue WK Club Member #10

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7 Liter Hemi no Mods So Far.
BlueSteelJP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #8
thewalrus
2005 WK 

The Predator is a tuner.
Unread 09-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
acsimon
2008 WK 

O8

I have an 08 GC. It is my understanding that in the "08's" the MDS system only operates if you are in "D" mode. If you shifting from "D" to 5th gear (an option in the 08) the MDS system should be disabled.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.