Turbo waste gate actuator, which one? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Turbo waste gate actuator, which one?

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
demonloop

Turbo waste gate actuator, which one?

Guys I need a turbo waste gate actuator, but I'm having trouble getting the correct part number. On the plastic piece of the part the model number is 6nw008412 but there are variants to the metal part attached to it, with a code such as G130 etc, I need this code to order the part but it's hidden by the turbo!

Any ideas?

demonloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
baggee
2007 WK 

Those things in new condition come only in package with turbo,they cant be sold separatley.Try to find used one...
baggee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #3
demonloop

I've found several used actuators, problem is knowing whch one I need, thats why I need the part number!
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
baggee
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
I've found several used actuators, problem is knowing whch one I need, thats why I need the part number!
CRD Jeep uses only one same turbo actuator starting with model year 2006 to 2010 in wk series. Replacing actuator is wery simple but that action needs adjustment that can be done only with special equipment.In most cases your ECU will go in safe mode or you will have sporadic loss of power without proper adjustment...
baggee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
demonloop

Id be happy to get the Jeep dealer to adjust the part, once fitted, but I'd like to buy the part used, to save a shed load of cash.

Does anyone have the part number?
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
demonloop

Hope this will be use to other members, the numbers you need from the METAL part of the turbo actuator are below. They are hidden by the turbo.

You can't buy the actuator on its own from Jeep, but there are plenty of used units about.

This was from my late 06 3.0 CRD, which now has a new actuator fitted and running perfectly again.

Prior I had an overboost fault code and the red flashing throttle control sensor fault on the dash.

Both now sorted by replacing this actuator.

The numbers you need to get the correct part are H-48 & G-219
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
brew1

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
Hope this will be use to other members, the numbers you need from the METAL part of the turbo actuator are below. They are hidden by the turbo.

You can't buy the actuator on its own from Jeep, but there are plenty of used units about.

This was from my late 06 3.0 CRD, which now has a new actuator fitted and running perfectly again.

Prior I had an overboost fault code and the red flashing throttle control sensor fault on the dash.

Both now sorted by replacing this actuator.

The numbers you need to get the correct part are H-48 & G-219

I'm in the same boat as you were. Can't find a source to purchase a new electronic actuator and being told i will need a new turbo.

How were you able to determine if a used actuator was any better than the one you were replacing, other than installing it and trying it out?

What additional calibration is needed if swapping out the actuator or is plug and play. Can the calibration be performed at the jeep dealership?

Can you share your source for finding a functioning used electronic actuator?

Many thanks for posting your experience with this issue.

Mark
brew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
brew1

Is this the source you used to purchase a rebuilt electronic actuator? I see they are located in the UK, would have to figure out how costly shipping charges are.
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
brew1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew1 View Post
Is this the source you used to purchase a rebuilt electronic actuator? I see they are located in the UK, would have to figure out how costly shipping charges are.
Oops, forgot to post the source:

http://www.ecutesting.com/mercedes_s..._turbo_ac.html
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
brew1

I had a line on a turbo shop in Arkansas that would rebuild the actuator for $195, but unfortunately they would need 10 actuators to send to their rebuilder.

Iy looks like I may be either pulling the actuator to send overseas for rebuilding or pulling and replacing the entire turbo unit with a new one for $1,600 - $1,800 plus core depending on supplier.
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
manny31
2008 WK 

Anybody know how to test one of these? I have a complete spare turbo. I plan on doing a compressor wheel upgrade and want to make sure at least one of my actuators is working. I get a low boast code sometimes so not sure my stock one is good
manny31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #12
brew1

Have someone rev up the engine to 3500 rpm while you monitor movement of the actuator linkage. If no movement, you likely have a problem with the electronic actuator or the MAP sensor.

I understand the electronic actuator may fail prematurely due to heat exposure, especially considering it is located next to an uninsulated turbocharger that is throwing off heat which is retained under a plastic engine cover.
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #13
DieselDevotion
2007 WK 

I don't have experience on these specific turbos but on other variable geometry turbos carbon built up on the vanes and the servo for the actuator could not push/pull the gummed up vanes. Takeing the turbo apart and cleaning everything might solve your problem.
DieselDevotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
brew1

I picked up the GC from the Jeep dealership on Saturday and drove it home in limp mode. I had them replace the fuel filter and an 02 sensor while it was there for diagnosis.

The GC made it about a half mile before the flashing lightning bolt came on, no CEL though.

I don't have much faith in the Jeep dealership's ability to diagnosis and repair a Mercedes CRD.

I had my wife rev up the engine which will only push 2500 - 3000 rpm max at this point. The turbo actuator appears to be in the uppermost position at idle and while the rpm's are increased, however it drops to a lower position and the comes back up when the rpm's are decreased and the engine returns to idle. I was under the impression that a faulty actuator would not have any movement.

Can anyone with a normally functioning turbo tell me what the actuator movement is supposed to look like on our GC 3.0 when revving the engine?

Thanks~Mark
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #15
suzieque
2008 WK 

The dealer can use the Chrysler starscan tool to test the actuator.

You can use the simple procedure from the sprinter forum too
http://sprinter-source.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=17
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.