True Dual Exhaust on HEMI XK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > True Dual Exhaust on HEMI XK

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #16
06JeepXKHEMI
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The OBX SRT8 headers are for a GC SRT8 so they should fit directly on your HEMI with SRT8 gaskets and it comes with midpipes. You'd want to switch to a dual exhaust set up to get full effect of headers and mids, I would suggest switching to the SRT8 stock manifolds or LX manifolds if you're already going to be there. 90grandoneer is the guy to contact on that one

Unread 12-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #17
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI
The OBX SRT8 headers are for a GC SRT8 so they should fit directly on your HEMI with SRT8 gaskets and it comes with midpipes. You'd want to switch to a dual exhaust set up to get full effect of headers and mids, I would suggest switching to the SRT8 stock manifolds or LX manifolds if you're already going to be there. 90grandoneer is the guy to contact on that one
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing but the srt8 ones seem to be like 5x times the price of the hemi ones.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #18
06JeepXKHEMI
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Go to eBay and type in Jeep SRT8 OBX and they will pop up. $550 for the set. you can buy used SRT8 manifolds which are essentially shorty headers for cheap and replace your stocks with those
Unread 12-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #19
06JeepXKHEMI
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Completed my set up Saturday, it looks and sounds great! Ill update with pics and video during lunch. I went with the IMCO D/I D/O muffler with straight pipes back. Gave it a nice deep, loud and non raspy sound and quite while drving, almost no drone at 65
Unread 12-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #20
06JeepXKHEMI
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ok here is the final set up, muuuuuch better than before! Went with IMCO performance muffler D/I D/O with straight pipes back. Here are some pics and video of start/rev

And video of start up/rev..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kUyfO-ZMQK4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.