Transmission stuck in neutral......... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Transmission stuck in neutral.........

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #1
mrhockey

Transmission stuck in neutral.........

My sister just dropped her 07 Cherokee off at the dealer last night. Yesterday, which was actually the second time, it seemed to be stuck in neutral and all the indicator lights for all the gears were illuminated on the console. She shuts it off and restarts the car once or twice and it drives. It leaves a check engine light on which mentions the OBD2 stuff in the owners manual. She described this to me over the phone. Anyone else have this problem? I think the dealership is the biggest bunch of crooks out there so I am cautious about anything they say. I think they are still pissed about having to repaint her hood because of the peeling paint that they tried to say was caused by dirt.

mrhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
jeep_on

What did she do to the thing, super long burn outs? If its an 07, its under warranty. They will have to fix it if they like it or not. Donít get your panties in a twist over taking it to the dealer.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
tednelson83
1993 ZJ 

i had it happen once while i was heavily using the auto stick in the twisties one day. i tossed it into neutral, waited for the engine to return to idle, and tossed it back in to gear. this was all done while traveling at round 40 mph. only happened once.
Liberalism stems from the notion that it's entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
tednelson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 04:24 AM   #4
mrhockey

They told her it was some transmission control module or something. They are fixing it under warranty but they wouldn't give her a loaner car. They told her it didn't warrant one but when she had her paint fixed they gave her one. She brought that up and they said she shouldn't have had one then either. There is just no consistancy to what they do. They told her when she took it in for inspection that if they didn't flush the transmission and the rear at the 15,000 mile interval for $200 it would void the warranty. I rarely if ever take anything to a dealer anymore since it is just a racket unless you have some good relationships there. Thanks for the help. Oh and no she wasn't doing any burnouts just normal driving. She had a TON of problems with her last Cherokee but she insisted on getting another one and she leased it and in the first year of ownership she has had several issues already. Sad for such a nice looking car!
mrhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #5
array

Quote:
Originally Posted by tednelson83
i had it happen once while i was heavily using the auto stick in the twisties one day. i tossed it into neutral, waited for the engine to return to idle, and tossed it back in to gear. this was all done while traveling at round 40 mph. only happened once.

hi,
i dont use autistick a lot, because the delay it for me to long while shifting. only when i drive offroad. but i have one question. you where shifting to N while running 40MPH? is it ok to shift to N while going so fast? i read in manual, that man shoul avoid this operation? or nothing hapened?

thanks
www.cardomain.com/id/array
array is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.