transfer case t-handle 08 GC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > transfer case t-handle 08 GC

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
c2k2e
2008 WK 

transfer case t-handle 08 GC

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with the transfer case t-handle shifter? I just bought an 08 grand cherokee limited and would like to replace the t-handle. It has a "chrome" sticker covering it and is wrinkly and warped. Everything else in the vehicle is in great condition and I want to get this replaced. My father-in-law has an 07 overland and his handle looks to be plastic with painted chrome and is fine.

Anyone else notice this defect in the t-handle? Can't find anything in google for a replacement. About to go to a dealership but thought I'd check here first.

Thanks!

Here is a picture of it:

c2k2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
robpp

that whole handle and switch CAN be bought seperately.

this MAY be an old number but its from a 05 WK SM

56050139AG

http://www.factorymoparparts.com/56050139ag.html
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
modernblueWK

MIne looks the same. Wrinkled chrome.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
elbuencharie
2005 WK 

x3. Yeah, mine's been starting to peel off as well. Terrible quality if you ask me. Will definitely check out that P/N robpp provided.

Thanks.
HEMI Club Member #61
elbuencharie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
c2k2e
2008 WK 

Thanks for your replies! If that's the right part number, sure is expensive for a small piece of plastic. I might try and peel off the decal and spray paint it first with chrome paint or something. If it ends up looking crappy, I'll buy the part.

Thanks again!

Chris
Unread 09-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
c2k2e
2008 WK 

The more I am researching, I believe that part to be the switch component underneath the console which controls it electrically. I can't find a picture of the handle itself anywhere.

http://d.scribd.com/docs/268jvl3urrynis3y78bs.pdf

Page 101 has the diagram, but I don't see it list the handle. Perhaps it is in another section connected to the transfer case diagram, but I was not able to find it.

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/ca...1209.html#1208

Another good catalogue with TONS of switches, but I was unable to find the handle in here either. Maybe these will help someone else though.

In the mean time, I'll keep searching.

Thanks,
Chris
Unread 06-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
ggrassmid

Sorry to bring up and old thread from 3 years ago; but did you get it switched? Do you have to take out almost the entire center console to get the t-handle out to replace it? Mine is broke and I need to replace it, but all the videos I find are for what looks to be an little older and I dont have as many screws holding the NAG1 trim pieces down
ggrassmid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.